Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking / ticketing and upgrade question: IB flights much cheaper than BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

I have a plea for some help on whether it is possible to book premium economy tickets and upgrade using Avios on BA operated flights marketed as IB.

As per the attached screenshot, a return BCN to JNB in November is ~£700 / EUR800 per person on Iberia flight numbers. The flights are bookable via the Iberia website. We want to upgrade to business class, but Iberia Plus say they will not upgrade PE flights, only flexible economy. So is there any way to book all Iberia flight numbers but still upgrade using Avios, for example, could we book on a 125- ticket number and upgrade using BA Avios? If we price up the same flights with BA flight numbers, we might as well pay for Club World from AMS and get the extra TPs (~£1500 per person).

Edited to add: Thanks in advance for any input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.