Wiki Posts
Search

First [bargain fares]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
First [bargain fares]

I have booked two flights this last week, one LGW to BGI in Club and the second LHR to MIA in First. Amazingly the First flights were About £600 less than those in F.

Hopefully the site will soon behave on my iPad and allow me to read the maximising first page, without it jumping to aircraft diagrams. In the meantime are the aircraft likely to change before Spring 2020, particularly the 747?

Currently I have chosen 2A & 2K, which appear as good as any.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro | United Premier Platinum
2A and 2K are solid choices on 747. Most privacy IMO. If the flight was within 2 months, I wouldn't expect an equipment change, but being Spring 2020, there could be esp since its operated on a 747. Enjoy the flight! BAs new soft product is excellent!
botham likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, as we seem to have a run on these at the moment, please remember the ‘First’ thing to do when creating a new thread is to make sure it has a specific and descriptive title. @:-)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by botham
I have booked two flights this last week, one LGW to BGI in Club and the second LHR to MIA in First. Amazingly the First flights were About £600 less than those in F.

Hopefully the site will soon behave on my iPad and allow me to read the maximising first page, without it jumping to aircraft diagrams. In the meantime are the aircraft likely to change before Spring 2020, particularly the 747?

Not only a more descriptive title but also a better understanding of what the bolding meant? Thanks. You’ll get some very helpful replies if you’re more detailed.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by botham

Unless I'm missing something, for most of us F and First are the exact same thing.

What is your question, by the way? There are many threads here on specific aircraft types. Have you had a chance to look at any of them that are relevant to the flights you booked?
MrMattyMatt likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
Unless I'm missing something, for most of us F and First are the exact same thing.

What is your question, by the way? There are many threads here on specific aircraft types. Have you had a chance to look at any of them that are relevant to the flights you booked?

Yes, I have read a multitude of threads and they’re not always easy to follow or gleam the information one requires.

Mods, please feel free to change the title to something like First Bargains.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The only question you have is about the chance on an aircraft swap and has nothing to do with how much you paid for the fare. And there are literally dozens of threads about that already.

Ask an accurate question with an accurate thread title and you’ll get an accurate answer!
DiamondMile, :D! and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.