Wiki Posts
Search

Which is Correct? BA / AA Mismatch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Which is Correct? BA / AA Mismatch

I've booked a flight ex-inv to IAH via LHR & LAX in October with BA Holidays. The LAX to IAH leg is with AA and I've had a few messages (as expected) with time changes for this leg over the last few months. After the last time change earlier this week, I've logged onto the AA website via the BA site and it has a completely different flight time than the BA website, as below.

BA states - 0757 on an EJR175 operated by compass for AA Eagle
AA states - 1316 on a 738 operated by AA mainline

I originally booked the 0815 AA mainline flight on an A320.

Is this a common fault? Has anyone experienced this and was it easily fixed?

I've tried calling BA but just getting "all lines are busy" message, then it disconnects.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The AA site is likely to be correct, however BA Holidays could potentially change it to the BA timings, assuming the service is operating. AA is on SABRE and BA is on Amadeus, and these GDS systems aren't very well inter-connected. Ultimately AA's services operate off SABRE, hence why it is more likely to be correct.

Given the flight isn't until October, it could easily change another two or three times, with Sundays being the usual day for changes, so I would leave this until a quiet time such as Tuesday lunchtime. You best make that call rather than leaving it, but equally it can probably wait a week or two or four.

It is extremely common an issue, indeed if you book months in advance on AA and it stays exactly the same as booked, then that would be regarded as unusual.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks CWS, I was aware AA have a habit of frequent changes but wasn't aware of the of how the BA & AA systems differed. AA are still selling the 0757 flight that BA think I'm on, so hopefully should be a simple switch.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is extremely common an issue, indeed if you book months in advance on AA and it stays exactly the same as booked, then that would be regarded as unusual.

AA's normally frequent schedule changes have been increased by the 737 MAX issues, making them have to shift many routes. It's definitely wise to keep close track of your AA reservations on AA's website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.