Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA flight change admin fee

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

BA flight change admin fee

This is the first time I have used B.A for flight and car rental, been using Virgin since 2006, but they do not fly to Houston. When booking FLYDRIVE via Virgin, if I ever needed to change the dates a bit by adding a few nights, they have always done this by just charging the actual new cost of the trip, I think once I paid about £15 admin, however I find that I could stop another night or two in Houston, so called B.A, first they said they had to check I had a flight ticket I could change, which it seems I have (or we have), they then said it will be the difference ib car hire, and an y difference in the flight cost, that all seemed OK that far, he then said on top of that there is a few to change, and this would be £300 (Three Hundred) pounds per person, so that would be £600 plus any other changes !
OUCH! How on earth can they justify such a cost ??
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by swills
OUCH! How on earth can they justify such a cost ??
Because that is what you agreed to at the time of booking

You traded off flexibility for a price reduction on the air fare (which comes with conditions).
argonath likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The VS fee (not that what VS did for you years ago has any relation to BA) is more than £15 these days!

And a fly drive with VS is a totally different product than just a ticket with BA with different rules and fees if you want to make changes so you aren't comparing like with like.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes you can save on the difference in fare (but not the change fee) by making changes after the outbound flights have been flown, but of course you risk losing availability and the car part of the package might make it more complicated to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.