Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tegel arrival baggage handling

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Tegel arrival baggage handling

Just muttering about my BA flight to Tegal - lovely flight spoilt by waiting one and a half hours for our luggage to appear which is about the same length of time as the flight. Cleared immigration in minutes and then the long wait - total disinterest by airport staff - you are in a sort of limbo land by the carousel with nobody around except maybe the forty passengers off our flight waiting for their luggage.
To cut a long story short myself and another passenger persuaded two airport police officers to assist - they were very good - they found our luggage down below but said nobody was there to load the carousel but also said they would speak to the airport staff - a few minutes later our luggage started to appear.
Tegal usually has luggage appearing in maybe ten minutes or so and while it's not BA's fault - passengers missed meetings, I missed my train connection with pre booked tickets and someone missed their flight connection....
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by smokeyone
I missed my train connection with pre booked tickets ..
Perhaps HBO next time?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Couple of months back my slightly delayed flight came in just after Qatar Airways that seemed to take up all the staff in the tiny shed the terminal the LCY & DOH flights use there. I was HBO so a doddle, but I gather the couple of people with luggage had to wait ages.

As I keep saying to everyone that loves that dilapidated airport, it's great when everything works fine, but when it doesn't it's bloody horrendous.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Maybe I am unlucky, but on short haul this is often my experience with checked luggage and LHR and LGW are equally as unreliable. Makes you see why so there are so many threads about HBO / luggage space and folks not wanting to check luggage. On short haul and domestics, passengers having to wait at the belt for more than 15 minutes is a sloppy performance from the ground staff.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I've never had that, but of course it can happen. Shame. It's Tegel, by the way.
nancypants and Nephoi like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Or for the sake of harmony the title could've been: LCY-TXL.
Wilbur and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Although I was annoyed but not as annoyed as those passengers who volunteered to give up their hand luggage on the premise of getting it back at TXL first .....
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Maybe not ba’s fault but certainly their responsibility. Ba subcontracts baggage handling so it’s for them to complain and ensure their passengers get a good service: I’d write to complain.

i agree long waits are not unusual at some airports but 1h30 definitely is.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Complain! I do every time TXL screws up my luggage delivery. BA apologies, but I hope someone somewhere is noticing.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:46 am
Original Poster

I have written to BA complaining - it's a bit much when it comes down to two armed police officers chasing up airport staff - I am convinced we would have waited a lot longer if it wasn't for them
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:11 am

"icy to Tegal" had me wondering what this is about... (Tegal is a city in Indonesia, and how does the ice come in?)
nancypants and Flying Yazata like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

LCY to TXL
London City to Tegal Berlin
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I waited for about an hour at TXL once, the bags were coming up but very very slowly / that was BA.
No.1 Daughter lived there a few years ago, coming back to TXL from JFK on Air Berlin the cargo doors froze shut - she waited for nearly 2hrs for her case.
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
German efficiency has still yet to reach Berlin
nilsfr69 and Nephoi like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
German efficiency has still yet to reach Berlin
It's a myth!
CloudGazer, nilsfr69 and Nephoi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.