Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA's YOU FIRST for First Class [Cabana booking in advance]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's YOU FIRST for First Class [Cabana booking in advance]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
and also stops other people having the chance to access them as well.

I thought they were designed for up to two people?
​​​​​​Agree - I'm a fan of the Cabanas and usually try for one when travelling in F. Personal opinion but I think a couple travelling together should aim for a shared cabana since there are only 3 available in total in the CCR! FWIW we have never had a problem fitting two adults (and more recently a baby) into one...
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
They told me in the CCR most recently that they only book two of them, and keep the third one open. The implication (though he didn't say it, so maybe I'm wrong) was that the third one was kept open for VVIP/someone in need of privacy/security.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Not sure if its been covered previously (I did a search hence tagging on to this thread), but at some point the system for booking a cabana was changed, from the youFirst/GGL team having to call the team at the CCR to book, where is was written in the book (often in pencil and sometimes reported in here of having disappeared) to using a spreadsheet. I suspecting that this was back in the summer as @SkyTeem is right that they can only book two of the three, I've been wait-listed for a flight in both directions, but I wonder what the chances of getting the spare one is, I will perhaps ask the staff when next traveling through the CCR unless @corporate-wage-slave can give us better information.

Appreciate that they may not be everyone's cup of tea, and certainly if I was to give them a make-over I would choose a different colour chair, they are particularly useful to me with my hidden disability that I've discussed before on here, having somewhere where there is easy and quick access to the facilitates means that one can relax for a few hours between flights.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:04 pm

And I looked at the BA website and we can only book a Cabana earliest 90 days before departure? Or can I email them and ask for a Cabana earlier than that?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Just passed Matt Lucas in LHR T5 GF... looked like he was on his way from GF to the CR.
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
They told me in the CCR most recently that they only book two of them, and keep the third one open. The implication (though he didn't say it, so maybe I'm wrong) was that the third one was kept open for VVIP/someone in need of privacy/security.
i was told the third one is now reserved for disabled passengers.

theoretically the CCR staff cannot book Cabanas anymore.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.