Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA or BA for Business?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I am one of those people who likes the CW seat, but I'd still choose the AA flight (if the times work) for a few big reasons - the storage, the privacy, the direct aisle access, and not having to pay for a seat selection. I've found that ex-USA the AA food was excellent and my steak was actually cooked to a medium doneness (I will not speak of the ex-Tokyo and have not tried them ex-UK). Do be mindful if you are on an AA 787-8 not all seats are created equal though.
yabadoo likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
AA both ways. As mentioned up thread lounges in T3 better than T5, the MIA AA lounge is fantastic, we even had roast lamb carved for us at the station. The food on AA is better as well. I’ve never had anything but good CC service on AA.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
AA west, BA east.
yabadoo likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AA : BA
I do this routing a fair bit, but contrive to go the other way round. MIA first, then back on the day flight from ORD (AA90). Works well for jet lag.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:24 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by SoggyDollar
I do this routing a fair bit, but contrive to go the other way round. MIA first, then back on the day flight from ORD (AA90). Works well for jet lag.
I love day flights coming East and that is the one and only reason that I will go and fly AA Internationally. In all sincerity, I used to actively chose AA but not any more. I actually like to be looked after by people rather than people putting in time.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:27 am

AA biz seats on 789 and 777 are far more superior to the old crappy BA seats without aisle access for all.
Even 788 aircraft is way better. If OP wants to sleep you can request express meal on AA served on a single tray.
Also if OP doesn’t have status with OneWorld he would have to pay for seats on BA metal.
Also T3 has CX lounge which is better than BA lounge in T5
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
If this a paid trip and not using award miles the OP may want to factor that into his/her choice?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
Quite honestly I'd work within price and schedule times - what fits best?
AA is more private, BA less so - but as a couple that can work perfectly.
If you don't have status then BA will charge £70^ for seat selection, so factor that in. If you do have status this is no concern.
If you have Avios and there is F availability - not unheard of - then BA F on the 380 is superb (usually).
I've never had an AA crew better a BA one. For me, as a frequent flyer, sometimes one incredible crew member is the thing to make the flight with said carrier better.
​​​​So the answer isn't that clear - except think with wallet and watch at first call.
Enjoy!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
In business or club world, I would take AA on any widebody except the 767 over BA. I would take BA over an AA 757 or 767.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by Prospero
Your routing opens up quite a few options, with a variety of aircraft types, cabin arrangements, and seat types.
LHR-ORD
BA295 Boeing 744 (86J)

Personally, I’d go for the BA295 on the outbound. The 747 upper deck offers an experience unmatched by other aircraft. The quality of natural light you get on day flights is fantastic.
I just flew BA295 on Tuesday in seat 62k. I commented to my wife that it was super bright up there and that it was nice to fly with the shades open the entire flight.
Plus, flying the upper deck of a 747 is just cool.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Am I the only one having a hard time figuring out where the OP is traveling from and to?

I assume connecting though MIA and ORD in each direction.
Nope. OP, for the benefit of simpletons like myself, where do you wish to fly to and from? What is your route?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by krispy84

Nope. OP, for the benefit of simpletons like myself, where do you wish to fly to and from? What is your route?
Is there any reason to think it's not just a simple LHR-ORD // MIA-LHR routing?
HMPS, bse118 and Teamscoop like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA, SQ
Take the AA 789 on the way out to try the super diamond seat and that'll give you an idea what BA's new business product will be like.
On way back it's got to be BA 747UD
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Am I the only one having a hard time figuring out where the OP is traveling from and to?

I assume connecting though MIA and ORD in each direction.
We're flying into Chicago, driving to the Indy 500 and then on to Key West on a road trip and returning to LHR from Miami.
dougzz likes this.

Last edited by Teamscoop; Jun 20, 2019 at 12:45 am
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a fairly regular BA Club flyer we are flying to PHX from LHR next week on AA Business and we're both really looking forward to it. Looks far superior to BA product at the moment.

We were scheduled to be flying home from JFK on the UD 747 but I fell victim to the aircraft changes and am now flying back on 777. Thankfully its a short overnight hop so won't matter too much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.