Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA or BA for Business?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The outlook is actually bleaker than scubadu portrays. To upgrade an AA flight using Avios you'll need to start with a flexible W fare (££££). If your dates are fixed, you'll save money by purchasing a restricted business fare.

If you are still inclined to go with UuA, BA flights are what you want.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
AA out BA back
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Hello folks. Just a quick note to say thanks for all the advice. Most grateful. This morning I booked BA flights LHR/ORD and MIA/LHR, upgraded them to Club using Avios both ways and after explaining that it was my wife’s retirement trip, got allocated seats on the Upper Deck both ways at 50% off the normal rate. So we’re all set! Now just 3 weeks of hotels, 3 different cars [don’t ask] and a million other things to organise. Thanks again….
HMPS likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Teamscoop
got allocated seats on the Upper Deck both ways at 50% off the normal rate.
I must say I've never heard that before! That said, on the broader point, well done, it sounds like exactly the right choice for your purposes as, as mentioned by Prospero, the desire to upgrade made BA the only sensible choice.
Teamscoop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.