Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overhead lockers and cabin class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by fdem
I suggested to the cabin crew that they remove said bags and check those but she refused saying she couldn’t ask said culprit to remove it.
[pantomime] OH YES SHE CAN! [/pantomime]

Other BA staff have no problems with asking people to take small items, so clearly people can be asked to move things.

BA could, and should, make sure all its staff are confident to tell customers to arrange customer bags according to policy and necessity.

AA are ahead in this, they take no prisoners. Easyjet staff are a slightly more gentle about it but it's still going to end up as they say.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar

Some. Crew weren’t happy that the gate hasn’t been in any way proactive in either encouraging bags to be checked in.
I thought that the gate team were now given targets on flights tagged as "full" - I've certainly been on several SH flights in the last couple of months where the LHR staff have announced that they haven't yet had enough bags voluntarily gate checked and that if they don't get enough they will take bags off people in economy (which I took to be a reference to the last boarding group).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I might be in a minority here ..............Whilst I have never used a CE locker when traveling Y, unless the lockers are clearly labelled as being for CE only, I can see no reason for Y slf being refused usage of the CE lockers.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:21 am

You make a fair point, CE. BA should make the crew and passenger's life as easy as possible by labelling designated CE overhead bins.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
AA does this for both F and Maine Cabin Extra on standard domestic narrow bodies. Bags routinely moved out and if there is a complaint, it is easily dealt with by pointing to the sign which is in bold black. AA also takes larger carry-ons at the top of the jetway for smaller aircraft, thus avoiding onboard problems altogether. Those are returned in the jetway on arrival.
The key thing is enforcement - last few flights on AA Y passengers have happily put their stuff into clearly marked Business/MCE only and proceeded to the back of aircraft. Clearly, if empty, no problem, but on full flights it delays everyone while the CC try and sort it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.