Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA emailing wrong email address (other passenger in the booking)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I booked the inbound of a 2-4-1 yesterday, but they had to send the booking to another office to calculate the amount in cash to pay.

This morning they sent an email addressed to Mr ringingup (myself) asking me to contact them, but they sent it to my partner instead, who is the second passenger on the booking.

Clearly this shouldn’t happen, as I made the booking, this is not a household account and the voucher was on my account.

What’s the Avios compensation for this? Just kidding
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:52 am

This happens to me regularly.

Does your partner's name come before yours alphabetically? Mr W's does and I've often wondered if that's the reason. He is invariably passenger 1 on the seat map too.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside

Does your partner's name come before yours alphabetically? Mr W's does and I've often wondered if that's the reason. He is invariably passenger 1 on the seat map too.
Nope! both my first name and last name come first alphabetically.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Good job that you were not arranging a special suprise once in a lifetime trip for your better half
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by windowontheAside

Nothing to do with alphabet: happens to me regularly too and my partner's both first and last names are later in the alphabet than mine! I've no idea how they even programmed such a mistake as I'm pretty sure that if we asked BA's IT team to organise a system where we could send the itinerary and change confirmation automatically to the non-lead passengers on a booking they would tell us that it is too complex to do!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Same here, albeit only occasionally. And all transactions are in my name, on my BA Amex.
No discernible logic ...
My BAEC # ends ...07, hers in ...01. All other numbers the same.
My initial P, hers S.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Same. I’m alphabetically before my dad.
He is the head of the household account, he still gets the emails, I don’t.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Happens to the Ancient household too. No obvious reason that I can figure out.
It's that BA Intern again!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Same here, when I book for myself and my wife (who travels far less frequently) she invariably receives all the email communications related to the flights themselves. Very strange.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Exec club number perhaps?

I am ‘head’ of our BAEC family, alphabetically first, and can make a booking through my account, using my credit card and my Amex voucher, but the e-mails still go to my wife. Only tenuous logic I can come up with is that her BAEC number is numerically before mine (even though it’s much newer).
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Same here, when I book for myself and my wife (who travels far less frequently) she invariably receives all the email communications related to the flights themselves. Very strange.
Exactly the same here too - my BAEC number is lower than Mr JtO's and my first and surname are ahead of his in the alphabet. I'm a Mrs and he's a Mr, so I've just come to the conclusion that your title is treated as part of your name when it comes to putting names in alphabetical order... Or at least it is for us - knowing BA that won't be consistent.

Oddly, I made some seating changes recently to a booking, and for once did receive the email to notify me of the changes - which according to the email had been made by Mr JtO!!
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Happens all the time to us. My wife’s ticket is always the lower serial number and the lower check in seq number too. Given up worrying, just another case of BA IT being unable to organise a small drinking event in a brewery.
wanderingjock, T8191 and alpenlupe like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
My 9yo daughter always gets the emails when I'm traveling with my kids.... the email address forwards to me so I don't really care, but it still seems weird.

(edit: just checked the EC numbers and indeed her number is the lowest of the party)

Last edited by jamesn00; Jun 10, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: added more info
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:04 am
Original Poster

In my case, my BAEC number is lower.

What I think might have happened in my case is that the email address to send the notification to was chosen manually rather than being picked up automatically.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
The lower EC number doesn't make a difference in my case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.