Wiki Posts
Search

CCR transit advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
CCR transit advice

Upcoming first time in 1st and first transit @LHR. What is the Quickest route from FCC to CCR ? Many thanks in anticipation.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The shortest route is to use transfer security. On exiting security, turn right and walk towards the far end of the building. There is a door to the CCR just by the exit from south security.

Is that the quickest route? Let's discuss Brexit instead.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by killaypirate
Upcoming first time in 1st and first transit @LHR. What is the Quickest route from FCC to CCR ? Many thanks in anticipation.
Hi,
After FCC security , take a right and walk all the way down to the end where the CCR door is.

If arriving from the UK airports into T5 domestically there is no need for further security.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 7, 2019 at 6:59 am Reason: Eding process
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by killaypirate
Sorry.. What's FCC?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Sorry.. What's FCC?
Hi,

FCC= Flight connections Centre

At t5 different routes depending if you are going Int-Int or Int-Dom ( + RoI) but all involve going through security again)
Regards

TBS
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Leaning new things here every day 😍
If this is the usually crowded desks in front of the fast track entrance to the upstairs security.. Meaning you are transferring from... Where?
Why even bother waiting there?
Def. If you hold a passport that gets you e gate access to the UK. I would always immigrate quickly and take the little longer walk down past the baggage claim out to the very left and up with the elevator to departure and the First Wing.
Way better immigration and more friendly over all experience.
A lot of the time there is no fast track at transfer t5
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

There are a few desks for BA staff to check your onward bp's then for pax going Intl-Dom there is the UK border force desks ( now there are e gates also) , ba desks and a desk for your photo to be taken ( for domestic pax only)

If I have sufficient time I will go landside and go via the F wing.

If you do not have OWe/BA gold to use the first wing then you are probably just as quick in the FCC.

I wonder how many eligble pax go landside then use F wing rather than stay at the FCC?

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

There are a few desks for BA staff to check your onward bp's then for pax going Intl-Dom there is the UK border force desks ( now there are e gates also) , ba desks and a desk for your photo to be taken ( for domestic pax only)

If I have sufficient time I will go landside and go via the F wing.

If you do not have OWe/BA gold to use the first wing then you are probably just as quick in the FCC.

I wonder how many eligble pax go landside then use F wing rather than stay at the FCC?

Regards

TBS
If arriving into T5 on a domestic, we always do flight connections as there is no additional security.

Otherwise, we usually go always go landslide and back in via F Wing. It’s not necessarily any quicker than the FCC route when that’s working well - in fact it’s probably a few mins slower - but I do find it’s more consistent. I’d also much rather take a longer walk to stretch my legs and have less time queueing via F Wing.
The _Banking_Scot and mrow like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BobServant

If arriving into T5 on a domestic, we always do flight connections as there is no additional security.

Otherwise, we usually go always go landslide and back in via F Wing. It’s not necessarily any quicker than the FCC route when that’s working well - in fact it’s probably a few mins slower - but I do find it’s more consistent. I’d also much rather take a longer walk to stretch my legs and have less time queueing via F Wing.
Exactly my modus operandi.

I find the flight connections security far too variable, and I seem to have always arrived just after they’ve let 20 people into fast track from the normal lines.

On the last occasion I queried why they did this with a HAL security supervisor and he told me that it was in direct response to a BA request. Whilst I have no evidence to the contrary so took this at face value, it seemed a little micro-managing to me. Anyone know if BA really do make these sorts of requests of HAL security?
Markie likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by mrow

Exactly my modus operandi.

I find the flight connections security far too variable, and I seem to have always arrived just after they’ve let 20 people into fast track from the normal lines.

On the last occasion I queried why they did this with a HAL security supervisor and he told me that it was in direct response to a BA request. Whilst I have no evidence to the contrary so took this at face value, it seemed a little micro-managing to me. Anyone know if BA really do make these sorts of requests of HAL security?
I was told by a Security Supervisor that once at the top of the connection escalators there is no Fast Track any more!
I avoid connections security at Heathrow at all costs.
Vasco Pridat and mrow like this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
we usually go always go landslide and back in via F Wing. It’s not necessarily any quicker than the FCC route when that’s working well - in fact it’s probably a few mins slower - but I do find it’s more consistent. I’d also much rather take a longer walk to stretch my legs and have less time queueing via F Wing.
Can you re-enter via F Wing on a domestic bp (i.e. when transferring from Intl F to domestic CE)? If so I'll try it next time. I always just follow domestic connections and after all these years it never fails to p--- me off when the fast track feeds into the scrum at the top of the stairs.
mrow likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by fripperies
Can you re-enter via F Wing on a domestic bp (i.e. when transferring from Intl F to domestic CE)? If so I'll try it next time. I always just follow domestic connections and after all these years it never fails to p--- me off when the fast track feeds into the scrum at the top of the stairs.
There is an agent before the entry gates so they will be able to check eligibility. So long as you have Flounge access you can use the F wing AFAIK.

I used the agents several times when I was building up my BA status and showed them my AA EXP card and was allowed to pass without issue, despite having my BA Bronze/Silver number on the boarding pass.

So I would say that yes, an F boarding pass from an arriving flight should get you through without issue.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mrow

So I would say that yes, an F boarding pass from an arriving flight should get you through without issue.
Yes we did this several times before I got myself to Gold, just show inbound and onward BPs at the manned counter.
mrow likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:32 am

Yes we did this several times before I got myself to Gold, just show inbound and onward BPs at the manned counter.
Good to have it confirmed. Thanks BobServant.
fripperies likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.