Wiki Posts
Search

Where to go with 2-4-1 ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Where to go with 2-4-1 ticket?

I have forfeited quite a few of these vouchers now as could never really find a place I wanted to go to where using the voucher was a good deal!

So... please, please help!!! Need to go somewhere for a week maybe at the end of February 2020 in CW. The US seems to have really high charges these days. So where do you go during that time of the year and where using a 2-4-1 voucher actually makes sense?!?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC
New orleans in Club or First on the 787. Great city, and worth the fees.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Go somewhere that you need or want to go in any event. Saving one person's worth of Avios will then always make some sense, even if it is only a RFS short-haul award.

Saving your voucher for a random destination that other people think is "good value" for some reason that doesn't apply to you may simply set you up for disappointment.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA
I’d be off to California in F - there seems to be oodles of availability at the moment to SFO and LAX and the climate will very pleasant then.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by Aledin
I’d be off to California in F - there seems to be oodles of availability at the moment to SFO and LAX and the climate will very pleasant then.
I saw that huge dump of award flights last week.

Great, apart from the three travel dates for personal travel I have planned between the West Coast and London from now until Christmas don't feature at all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.