Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biz class LHR-TLV

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Biz class LHR-TLV

Does BA have any business class seats LHR-TLV?
Old May 31, 2019, 8:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it operates Club World on all services to and from Tel Aviv, it wouldn't be a profitable route without that cabin. In fact with the exception of wet lease services, business is the only cabin BA is guaranteed to operate on all services.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
You should note that there are three flights a day and that BA operates different planes on this route - usually either a 777 with the standard CW yin/yang seat and the A321 with the ex British Midland CW seat. I believe that there's a danger that the A321, which is usually a long-haul configuration, could be switched to a short-haul version, so no lie-flat seat, but I'm not sure how often, if ever, that happens. From December, the new A350 will be on the route, with the new Club Suite - although i think they're putting this on the flight with the horrible timings.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:14 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cosmo74
You should note that there are three flights a day and that BA operates different planes on this route - usually either a 777 with the standard CW yin/yang seat and the A321 with the ex British Midland CW seat. I believe that there's a danger that the A321, which is usually a long-haul configuration, could be switched to a short-haul version, so no lie-flat seat, but I'm not sure how often, if ever, that happens. From December, the new A350 will be on the route, with the new Club Suite - although i think they're putting this on the flight with the horrible timings.
I like the A321. Always reminds me of Jimmy Saville with that massive chair in 2-1 config across the cabin.
There's a picture of it here
https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/bes...within-europe/
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If I'm looking to do a redemption ticket from TLV - LHR in July 2020, which flight would be the best bet for possibly ending up with the new Business seat?

I heard they are replacing a 777 with an A350 on this route but then elsewhere they said it would replace the 062 flight, which is an A321 and it's not the very early timing.

Any advice please?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The A350 will only be operating the route during the winter schedule, so up until March 28th. It is indeed operating the BA162 (not BA62 which operates from the Seychelles), but as there are just 2 daily flights during the Winter, the 162 leaves early morning during that time, while in the summer the 162 (operated by an A321) leaves at a very civilised 9:20am, and the early morning flight operates as the BA166.

As for July next year, it currently looks like the BA166 will be operating with a 3 class 777, so no First, certainly no Club Suite and as far as I am aware they are all currently still non-refurbished with old IFE and old WTP etc. The afternoon flight (BA164) is scheduled to operate by the much nicer 773.

In any case, while there will be some refurbished 777s by then with the new Club Suite, I can't see any scheduled for the route in July at the moment, but it's almost a year away and things could well change by then.
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by clubman; Aug 30, 2019 at 2:40 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
business is the only cabin BA is guaranteed to operate on all services.
Is there a level of pedantry I’m not getting? Surely economy, in whatever name, is guaranteed to operate on all services as well? Oh, BA1/2. I get it - guaranteed on all services except one flight?

TLV is my target route to try to sample the Club Suite, at least on the return TLV-LHR leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.