Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket Event

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is a regular series of events. The people being honored are the recipients of Golden Tickets, BA management, Watersiders and maybe the odd celebrity should also be there. But BA's passengers will get an invite too, and from what I can make out it is more likely to be Golden Ticket contributors, which kind of makes sense in terms of celebrating those who receive them. There will be a few short speeches, plenty of drinks and nibble items to eat. Sometimes there is a bag to take away, perhaps items recently associated with BA such as the Speedbird IPA.
Hi CWS,
Interesting and informative as usual.
I have rewarded GT's again this year and agree it makes sense to 'acknowledge/celebrate', in the main, because the individuals where above and beyond. I wasn't aware of this, albeit on my last DXB - LHR the CC member (WW) did say it now means a lot and was genuinely pleased ( well earned) .

Whilst I have haven't been asked to attend and indeed couldn't make the date due travel, it would have been nice to have been asked and/or provide feedback .
T
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Has anyone heard any confirmation back since completing their details via the link in the email?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
A big thank you to KeaneJohn for the invite and BA for hosting. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was nice to meet all the BA staff.
KeaneJohn and george77300 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
A big thank you to KeaneJohn for the invite and BA for hosting. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was nice to meet all the BA staff.
All the BA Staff? Must’ve been a big party!

Doc Copper
Jimmie76 and george77300 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Was a great venue good to meet Jimmie76. Lots of BA management there, head of customer and brand experience, head of high value customers and others. Great to learn how BA staff rescuing people turning up at airports with expired ESTAs and of other great achievements. Indeed there was a flight to Munich this week where a passenger became unwell. The crew performed CPR on him for 30 minutes and were genuinely distraught after the incident that the inbound rotation had to be cancelled and the aircraft returned to LHR empty 3 hours later when the FO found out that against all odds the passenger survived and had it not been for the intervention and actions he would have most definitely died.

Almost galling that in 6 or so weeks time these ‘valued and appreciated BA staff’ could be on strike.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Was a great venue good to meet Jimmie76. Lots of BA management there, head of customer and brand experience, head of high value customers and others. Great to learn how BA staff rescuing people turning up at airports with expired ESTAs and of other great achievements. Indeed there was a flight to Munich this week where a passenger became unwell. The crew performed CPR on him for 30 minutes and were genuinely distraught after the incident that the inbound rotation had to be cancelled and the aircraft returned to LHR empty 3 hours later when the FO found out that against all odds the passenger survived and had it not been for the intervention and actions he would have most definitely died.

Almost galling that in 6 or so weeks time these ‘valued and appreciated BA staff’ could be on strike.
I can tell you from personal experience that even if the person survives, the thought and feeling never leave you. The moment when you shout "CLEAR" and press the button on the defibrillator is not a nice experience.

Side question, I thought there was an AED on all planes, is that not the case?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by alex67500
I can tell you from personal experience that even if the person survives, the thought and feeling never leave you. The moment when you shout "CLEAR" and press the button on the defibrillator is not a nice experience.

Side question, I thought there was an AED on all planes, is that not the case?
Not sure about that was just speaking to the FO involved he said the crew were too drained and not safe to operate the return sector so the flight was cancelled.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Not sure about that was just speaking to the FO involved he said the crew were too drained and not safe to operate the return sector so the flight was cancelled.
We were offered psychological support by the company I work for, I fully understand! I didn't sleep for a week after it, and it was probably 6 months before it got back to normal.

(I'll take my other question to the ask the staffer thread).
george77300 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.