Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket Event

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Golden Ticket Event

Just received an invitation to a Golden Ticket Event at the Leadenhall Building on 20 June and was wondering, is this legit? (It may be that my employer has trained me so well on phishing e-mail spotting that I am overly sceptical, but had never heard of these before.) If it is, is it worth going? What should I expect? Overall I am a BA fan so not averse to spending an evening in their company! Thanks for any thoughts.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Got it too, seems very fishy too (sender name appears as "The Recognition Team" and it went straight to junk). But it apparently is legitimate!
Old May 29, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My wife received this invitation, I didn’t but she does give out Golden Tickets and I generally don’t so not sure if that is the reason?

Anyways I agree the email did look dodgy - Do we know if it is definitely official?
Old May 29, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I got it too - I submitted a Golden Ticket for a member of flight crew last year (my first ever!) which is why I presumed I'd been invited. It clicked through to a Survey Monkey page to register. Done on my work computer so hopefully I haven't just created a security incident... (to be fair work IT are usually pretty diligent and it didn't get flagged as dodgy by our system)

Anyway, I'm in London so very easy to attend if it is legit, don't get much out of BA these days so I'm happy to take a few drinks and canapes!
Old May 29, 2019, 11:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is a regular series of events. The people being honored are the recipients of Golden Tickets, BA management, Watersiders and maybe the odd celebrity should also be there. But BA's passengers will get an invite too, and from what I can make out it is more likely to be Golden Ticket contributors, which kind of makes sense in terms of celebrating those who receive them. There will be a few short speeches, plenty of drinks and nibble items to eat. Sometimes there is a bag to take away, perhaps items recently associated with BA such as the Speedbird IPA.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:17 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
I am never likely to make gold, but I recall there being quite a few threads on Golden Ticket events in the past. It's easier to search for them on Google than in the FT search. Golden Ticket Event BA, sees quite a lot of hits.
I think staff get basically nothing for a Golden Ticket being awarded other than the nice feeling that a customer thinks they're doing a good job.
Being invited to a Golden Ticket dinner where I get to listen to speeches by my bosses and talk to the same customers I do all day sounds like something I would personally want to avoid. I go to similar things with my work and consider it 'work time' not a reward. But the people who get golden tickets may well have a different outlook on life, who is to say.

Last edited by DeathSlam; May 29, 2019 at 11:17 am Reason: typo
Old May 29, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Being invited to a Golden Ticket dinner where I get to listen to speeches by my bosses and talk to the same customers I do all day sounds like something I would personally want to avoid.
In contrast to some work events I'd consider this quite fun to attend. I've met numerous great BA folks and handed out Golden Tickets and that generally made their day. It's one of the few ways to recognize their great work and I've heard that BA staff might get some incentives. A certain great staff member at the CCR JFK would love to be invited abroad to attend such an event - iirc it would be her first trip to the UK. But I guess just like me (not being based in the UK) we'll never get invited to any BA events.
tl;dr I'd actually enjoy talking to some BA staff.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Wow, I’ve got this too and it also went to junk mail. Interesting, Any London based people want to be my plus one?
Old May 30, 2019, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for your feedback, everyone - might just give it a go!
Old May 30, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I've been to one in the past and it was one of the best BA events I've been to (other than the rugby!). The BA staff who were there seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it and a couple of them recognised me from flights, came over to chat (and in one case give me a hug)! and the fizz flowed all evening. It was a true celebration unlike some of the events where you feel you're being marketed to a bit. If you've got an invite I would thoroughly recommend it
Old May 30, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks like I have an answer to my question of whether it makes a difference whether I give a Golden Ticket or use ba.com/thankyou. I have been doing the latter in the past but shall switch to the former from now on. :-)
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:43 pm

And I guess those emails only goes to BAEC members in the UK I live in Norway... But it is a great initiative
Old May 31, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Wow, I’ve got this too and it also went to junk mail. Interesting, Any London based people want to be my plus one?
That's very kind and subject to my work I'd be delighted to accept.^ I'll drop you a PM tomorrow when I know if I'm available.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
My daughter is new BA crew (only started in February) and got handed her first golden ticket on a flight to MCO this weekend. She doesn't get anything from BA for it, but was still absolutely thrilled to be recognised. If you have them and the service you receive merits, please do hand them out!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
They are certainly worth something to the recipient - perhaps you need to get a few of them to get the benefit - I’ve been on several flights where the crew were all Golden Ticket winners and they were having an extra day or two before flying back, with BA paying their accommodation and laying on a few treats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.