Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Please put my mind at ease re: qualifying filghts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist

Hello BA people, I am very nearly qualified for Gold this year! My qualifying year ends 8 July, and I have 1330 tier points, plus flights worth 200 tier points coming up at the end of June. So I should make the tier points with 30 to spare. Great. However, I'm not 100% clear on the subject of qualifying flights. When I was Blue, the BA site said I needed to two qualifying flights to make it to Bronze, which I did. Then the BA site said I needed four qualifying flights to make it to Silver. I understood this to mean two additional flights for a total of four, but after taking two more BA flights the website still said I needed two more. Fine, I took two more. The notice went away and I made it to Silver. Now there is no notice about additional qualifying flights needed for Gold, just the remaining 170 tier points. But someone who ought to know told me that I have to take another four qualifying flights to get Gold, even though the website isn't listing this as a remaining requirement for Gold. The language in the terms and conditions is, to me at least, a bit vague.

So tell me, FT: do I still need four more BA flights? Or not?

Thanks so much.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You've done the four revenue flights you need. Relax.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The website is correct. Don't second guess yourself.

You have enough BA/IB flights for Gold.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
Hi

It is four eligible flights in total. Which it looks like you have achieved, actually it looks like you have done six eligible flights. Between silver and gold you do not need an additional four eligible flights. It is a combination of the website not being totally clear, and it being a bit slow to update!

Bri
Old May 28, 2019, 2:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I hope I've read your description correctly, if you were Blue at the beginning of your current membership year (at 9 July 2018) then you have fulfilled the eligible flight requirement for Gold.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Thanks everyone! I'll relax and enjoy the benefits.
PETER01 and Tobias-UK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.