Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR bar today

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
CCR bar today

Charlie and Andy on great form today. Mojito Royales slipping down too easily.

Old May 27, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Dansons le Biglemoi…
Old May 27, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
why are you drinking at 5:54 am???? isn't that too early???
Old May 29, 2019, 1:22 pm

Maybe I should sit at the bar. Was in there yesterday, it wasn't very busy, but still took 26 minutes from me sitting down until someone asked me if I wanted anything! Not a premium experience at all!

rb211.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RB211
Maybe I should sit at the bar. Was in there yesterday, it wasn't very busy, but still took 26 minutes from me sitting down until someone asked me if I wanted anything! Not a premium experience at all!

rb211.
thats not good. I can’t say I have ever waited that long, yesterday was probably 1-2 minutes after sitting down.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold

rb211.
The difficulty for the staff is that they don’t want to pester a customer who may already been asked by somebody and turned service down. Some customers can be very dismissive so think staff do try to judge who wants to be approached and who doesn’t.

I always find it easier to go to the bar and order. They will bring drinks across and then tend to top up more.

It is also easier for regulars as staff tend to find who is more likely to want to be approached.
pjh981 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
We ordered Mojito Royales from the attendant and when she brought them she said the bartender wanted to know how we knew to order them, hehehe. So many reasons to read this forum.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by madfish

The difficulty for the staff is that they don’t want to pester a customer who may already been asked by somebody and turned service down. Some customers can be very dismissive so think staff do try to judge who wants to be approached and who doesn’t.

I always find it easier to go to the bar and order. They will bring drinks across and then tend to top up more.

It is also easier for regulars as staff tend to find who is more likely to want to be approached.
Completely agree. I find my space and then go to the bar to order my first drink, which they invariably offer to bring out to me. I think it’s completely acceptable to expect to go to the bar in a bar to order drinks, even one with table service. A restaurant would be a different matter!
Old May 30, 2019, 1:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Whereabouts were you in CCR? Some places are a bit tucked away. But as in any restaurant or café, if you haven't been served within a few minutes, just signal to a member of staff or go to the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.