Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by Manchesterflyer2223
Hey all I have found a good fare already but am looking to reference it to others around my dates, looking for dates starting 6th july ending 30th July.

The Fare is ALG-LGW, 1 day stopover, LHR-PHX, SFO-LHR, 1 day stopover LGW-ALG that is around £5400 for 4 people, I am doing this with my kids for their summer hols but am looking to go early to miss peak summer fares.
However i have found if i book with BA holidays with the places i want to stay during the holiday, The flights turn out to be costing me £4,400 for 4 people. or £1,100 pp. This is using data from booking.com, i.e if i booked the flights seperatly to hotels

( i am looking to fly in the club suite and looking to skip the last leg, by flying into Gatwick, Lcy. etc. IS there anywhere closer to home with this sort of fare, just that Algeria/ALG is probably not the most pleasant place for my kids. Is this fare good, what are other referances.

Finally i have got ITA matrix to give me the first fare dates by going on calendar and selecting the latest date available for a 13 day trip. seems to have matched with the fare on ba.com

Thanks, MANF
You have researched getting the Visa for Algeria ?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by E14 26C
You have researched getting the Visa for Algeria ?
oh! completly forgot about that one! should add £132pp to that fare!
Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:10 pm

Hi. Apologies if this isn't the right thread and wasn't sure if I should start a new one. I've been looking at first class flights to San Francisco, but never seem to find them for less than £4k each way (often £6k, A class). Yet other destinations, such as Singapore of a similar length about roughly £2k each way. DC, a much shorter flight, is cheaper still. Is this normal? We'd like to go back to SF, ideally in first, perhaps in May 25 so need to save up for the tickets but if £4-6k each way really is typical than there is no hope. I've noticed LA is similarly priced to SF. Is there any reason why SF and LA is so expensive in first and is there any way/any hope to get reasonably priced fares?

Dave
Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
It's all about supply and demand. I take these flights all the time in both directions, with either business or First fares. Lately the First cabin has been rather full - not even paid upgrades have been offered on some. When offered, the paid upgrades have usually been astronomical (example, C->F for "only" £5000 haha). I think we still have a lot of pent-up post-Covid travel going on, especially among the older set, who can afford these fares.

Who knows what the situation will be in the far future (2025) when you travel!

If you can get a Business fare on the new-configuration 777, the suite is pretty nice, so depending on the dates, you may have to rough-it and go in C!
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Executive
Lack of reasonable fares and choice for October half term

Hi all

Looking at booking a BA holiday to take advantage of double TP offer-must be in half term so around 27 October to 1 November 24. Looked at options- any destinations like Malta, Catania seem unavailable or say BA doesn’t fly this route-Madeira is economy only so that would defeat TP run and business fares with car to Malaga seem steep at nearly £2k-we have to connect from Jersey-am I too early for a good business fare and if so when are routes/fares likely to be released for BA? Just after a warmish place for those five nights to make either 320 or preferably 480 TP’s (Jersey flights business included in this calculation)

TIA
Old Nov 23, 2023, 2:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Just booked LHR-TIA for late March for £70 in Y (with exit row). Seems like a reasonable fare.

I did have an avios booking in J for this flight with a £70 cash co-payment, but cancelled it for a return of approx 10,000 avios.

AY metal and crew. Couldn't see the point of Club Europe for a relatively short morning flight, after a decent breakfast and a couple of champagnes in the F lounge.

Let's see what silly POUG offers might come my way...
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Hi all,
bit lost here...

I need to be in poznan on 14 May and come back 17 May, but I can't find a good BA/OW trip.
Any thoughts on how to do it best? TIA!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TPRun
Hi all,
bit lost here...

I need to be in poznan on 14 May and come back 17 May, but I can't find a good BA/OW trip.
Unless you’re desperate for Tier Points, on this occasion for a quick trip and only a few quid go direct on Wizz or Ryanair
orbitmic and TPRun like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Unless you’re desperate for Tier Points, on this occasion for a quick trip and only a few quid go direct on Wizz or Ryanair
I thought this, too. Sadly...

Thanks Mikeyfly!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by TPRun
Hi all,
bit lost here...

I do POZ regularly and sadly other than the one summer about a decade ago that BA ran LGW-POZ the only real option is Wizz or FR from LTN or STN.

If you have travel time and don't mind the risk of split ticketing you can fly BA to CPH, PRG or KRK and get cheap FR tickets from there to POZ (other points are available but usually seem to be more expensive on FR to POZ). The train from Berlin to Poznan is also quite easy.
LCSinTexas and TPRun like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:11 am

Tier point runs Eastwards

HI all,

I hope you can advise me. I have been flying regular to Vietnam for last few years using various of airlines. Now I am bronze member of BA. only 15 points away to keep my bronze status due to the new year cancelling out the rest. I just came across about tier point runs and how to maximise them to my benefit. However most advice appear to be going west and going to the USA. How can I maximise them flying Eastwards for the best Tier run along with cheapest cities to fly from in Europe. I already booked my June flight which is has one change of planes in Hong Kong, which is business class as a treat, so tier points will be decent. So I'm looking at how to improve tier points for next two flights later this year and in January.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

have a good weekend.

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Ronin_952
HI all,

I hope you can advise me. I have been flying regular to Vietnam for last few years using various of airlines. Now I am bronze member of BA. only 15 points away to keep my bronze status due to the new year cancelling out the rest. I just came across about tier point runs and how to maximise them to my benefit. However most advice appear to be going west and going to the USA. How can I maximise them flying Eastwards for the best Tier run along with cheapest cities to fly from in Europe. I already booked my June flight which is has one change of planes in Hong Kong, which is business class as a treat, so tier points will be decent. So I'm looking at how to improve tier points for next two flights later this year and in January.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

have a good weekend.

Thanks
There's a whole thread on Tier Point runs but generally the most famous Eastern tier point is from Abu Dhabi via Colombo to Jakarta on Sri Lankan Airlines. Keep in mind that you will also need qualifying BA/Iberian flights as well, but that flight combination is usually pretty cheap and gives 560 tier points in business class.
PETER01 and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
While not strictly a tier point run, do not underestimate the BA Holidays Double TP opportunity using QR flights coded as BA codeshare, with 5 nights or more hotel. I recently did a business trip as a BA Holiday to Kuala Lumpur from MAN-DOH-KUL-DOH-MAN staying at The Westin KL for £3100 for 5 nights and got 1120 TP (560 base plus 560 bonus TP). The "holiday" including the hotel was cheaper than the exact same flights on a QR coded flight-only cost basis on QR's website. Go figure. Deals are out there but YMMV.
MaxFlyer, tmac100, PETER01 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

Set up email alerts any time a new thread is posted. Plenty of oneworld EU-Asia deals are posted frequently.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by timlewis808
There's a whole thread on Tier Point runs but generally the most famous Eastern tier point is from Abu Dhabi via Colombo to Jakarta on Sri Lankan Airlines. Keep in mind that you will also need qualifying BA/Iberian flights as well, but that flight combination is usually pretty cheap and gives 560 tier points in business class.
How do I actually do that and does that mean I make my way to Abu Dhabi with a BA flight ?

many thanks

thank you

YMMV ??

Last edited by aks120; Apr 12, 2024 at 5:21 am Reason: Reduce post count of new user trying to ask a question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.