Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moved flight but now no meal?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
But BoB isn’t really a substitute is it - I agree it would have been easy to offer here as something instead of nothing.

A shrink wrapped sandwich served as such compared with a meal served on china with metal cutlery.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by tom139
You can just buy stuff using Avios from the menu and the SCCM ‘refund’ you by crediting equivalent Avios from their iPad...
But not all passengers have Avios. You might not be a member of a FFP, or you might be crediting to AY+/AAdvantage/etc.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Just thought I'd provide a little update to this one!

So it was actually the gate agent who informed me that there would be no meal for me on board. Interestingly someone else on the flight (who was booked in ET) got upgraded to CE presumably due to all the shuffling, but they were not told they did not have a meal. Again not a problem but just something I found interesting! As everyone has said the flight itself is quite short, hence I wasn't too bothered (combined with just wanting to get home!) but once on board it had me pondering (hence the post). Anyway - it turns out that in the end it's all sort of irrelevant as they had a spare meal so all was well. However, I'm still pleased I started this thread as now I (and hopefully others) will know about the BOB situation if ever I get moved around again. Although am I correct in thinking that this would not apply in an op-up situation?

What's also interesting about this situation is that after being moved onto the later flight, I (obviously) still had the original flight showing on my BA app as "delayed" until 08:00. However it then turned to "cancelled" and I got the option in the app of "view alternatives/rebook" or whatever it is and the big red exclamation marks etc. However, when I'd landed after my flight I checked FR24 and it seems the aircraft did leave after all and actually still landed 15 minutes earlier than the one I was on! So if BA cancel a flight, can they then "un-cancel" it? Or is it likely that it was never actually cancelled? I had an automated text and e-mail from BA when home saying "sorry for the delay" etc. etc. so I'm not sure!
Old May 25, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: QF WP
Would add another slight angle which is I’ve been on a couple of flights in the past where at boarding pax have been told “no meal loaded for you”. Unfortunately i’ve been seated in a row further back, which passengers have “no meal” has obviously not been communicated to the crew, and i’m the one that has ended up with no meal. Not impressive
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Krisflyer
You should be compensated in some way, that is definitely not right, and your insurance should help you claim some money back
Old May 25, 2019, 8:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
. Anyway - it turns out that in the end it's all sort of irrelevant as they had a spare meal so all was well. However, I'm still pleased I started this thread as now I (and hopefully others) will know about the BOB situation if ever I get moved around again. Although am I correct in thinking that this would not apply in an op-up situation?

What's also interesting about this situation is that after being moved onto the later flight, I (obviously) still had the original flight showing on my BA app as "delayed" until 08:00. However it then turned to "cancelled" and I got the option in the app of "view alternatives/rebook" or whatever it is and the big red exclamation marks etc. However, when I'd landed after my flight I checked FR24 and it seems the aircraft did leave after all and actually still landed 15 minutes earlier than the one I was on! So if BA cancel a flight, can they then "un-cancel" it? Or is it likely that it was never actually cancelled? I had an automated text and e-mail from BA when home saying "sorry for the delay" etc. etc. so I'm not sure!
That kind of changes matters, since yes the gate staff would advise no catering, but then very often actually there is a spare meal going - someone didn't turn up on either flight, someone ordered a SPML but the normal meal - or both - got loaded, someone fell asleep, someone just wasn't hungry. All of this is a common scenario actually, particularly with SDC people shifting around. So crew would not offer BoB if there was a meal left. In addition there are nuts / biscuits loaded, and some people are fine with that rather than a meal. If it was an involuntary OpUp then BoB wouldn't be automatically offered but I have nevertheless been offered BoB in that scenario. Either way, the CSM didn't do anything wrong here given the updated information.

For the second point, again not so unusual, it sounds like the ground staff feared the worse and moved people over anyway, but then they fixed the problem faster than the ground staff expected.
Old May 25, 2019, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Either way, the CSM didn't do anything wrong here given the updated information.
Absolutely - I cannot fault the crew at all. They all worked very hard and still managed to be polite and lovely.

Originally Posted by nancypants
Would add another slight angle which is I’ve been on a couple of flights in the past where at boarding pax have been told “no meal loaded for you”. Unfortunately i’ve been seated in a row further back, which passengers have “no meal” has obviously not been communicated to the crew, and i’m the one that has ended up with no meal. Not impressive
Well now there is another interesting angle.... I was in 1F so one of the first to be served. So either there were spare meals which is why I was offered, or the information wasn't communicated in a way that it should've been. Hopefully it's the former, rather than depriving somebody of their meal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.