Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA273/272 LHR-SAN Nov 2019 T5 to T3 and Hi-J to mid-J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma

I have just had an email this morning that my November birthday trip flights have changed. We were looking forward to an easy T5 -T5 connection from and to our Edinburgh flights and we safely booked into 14J/K on both flights for our first CW experience. We now have to change terminals to T3 and the winter 747 seems to be a mid J with only four rows on main deck. I have put us into 20J/K. The slight flight time changes don't bother me.
Anyone able to explain the reason for these changes

Last edited by maisiedormouse; May 21, 2019 at 2:45 am Reason: spelling
Old May 21, 2019, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It seems from Sunday 27 October SAN moves from T5 to T3. Usually there are a few routes which move between the two terminals with the changes to summer and winter timetables so I would expect some information from BA soon about other routes moving between the two as well.
maisiedormouse likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
VEGAS TO T5 pleeeeease. Will be so much easier when arriving from AMS or INV
EDIwanderer, Tobias-UK and Mordac like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
As a blue exec flying CW what lounges can I use at T3? I have booked disability assistance in case my husband is having a bad day , what happens transferring terminals do we get the normal bus? He walks with a stick.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
All non F lounges you can access - heavily discussed - have a look a the main thread :

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old May 21, 2019, 3:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If he requires disability assistance then usually one would follow the same process and same bus as fully abled passengers, the system is adapted to work with wheelchairs for example. You would therefore be met at the airbridge and assisted around to the bus transfer point at T5, join the usual T3 bus, and then continue around to the T3 gate.

To find the lounge guide referenced above in the future, just go to the Forum Dashboard, where the is a general guide to UK lounges, and separate guide to the T3 lounges.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by KARFA
It seems from Sunday 27 October SAN moves from T5 to T3. Usually there are a few routes which move between the two terminals with the changes to summer and winter timetables so I would expect some information from BA soon about other routes moving between the two as well.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
VEGAS TO T5 pleeeeease. Will be so much easier when arriving from AMS or INV
Presumably it will be PHX when that switches to the 777.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Airprox
Presumably it will be PHX when that switches to the 777.
Or Vegas when it goes to A350 😉
mikeyfly likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
phoenix PHX to T5 from Winter 19?

Hi,

Juat had a look at a couple of dates in Nov/Dec 2019 and it looks like the BA PHX flight will br leaving from T5 ( and be a 787). The AA flight to PHX continues from T3

BA 289 to Phoenix

Regards

TBS
Old May 21, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Juat had a look at a couple of dates in Nov/Dec 2019 and it looks like the BA PHX flight will br leaving from T5 ( and be a 787). The AA flight to PHX continues from T3

BA 289 to Phoenix

Regards

TBS
T3 is showing for Feb.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
VEGAS TO T5 pleeeeease...
That would male me a very happy chappie! ^
EDIwanderer and Geordie405 like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:40 am

Got the same email today for flights in January to SAN. Bit irritated as had planned a trip to CCR on the outbound after the domestic down from GLA. If we stay airside can we get into the CCR then transfer to T3 a bit later - sneaking suspicion we can’t as per some old threads on the forum. Any recent experiences in the group ?
Old May 21, 2019, 9:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Steviemac
Got the same email today for flights in January to SAN. Bit irritated as had planned a trip to CCR on the outbound after the domestic down from GLA. If we stay airside can we get into the CCR then transfer to T3 a bit later - sneaking suspicion we can’t as per some old threads on the forum. Any recent experiences in the group ?
Unfortunately you won't be able to get T5 Airside unless you have a BP for T5 and so no CCR. If you're in F on the way back though you'll be going from T3 to T5 so therefore CCR access on your domestic.
Steviemac likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Steviemac
If we stay airside can we get into the CCR then transfer to T3 a bit later - sneaking suspicion we can’t as per some old threads on the forum. Any recent experiences in the group ?
It must be at least three days since someone asked this.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:58 am

For which your helpful reply will aid no end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.