Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access with family

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2023, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don’t think there is much one can add since you know what to expect. Maybe for the first couple of months you might get lucky, and after that you won’t and it might be better to use the money you save by going pe to pay for a paid lounge if that’s something you care about though I suspect your kids certainly won’t. It’s also possible Ba will reinstate some of the school holiday specials that allowed gch members to bring in extra guests but that’s not guaranteed and tends to be fare specific.

There are plenty of “almost there” situations but by definition “almost” is also “not quite”, and if I’m honest, after a few months, there are other “almost there” situations which in my view would likely take precedence over yours.
dgreen678 and crazy8534 like this.
Old May 24, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Originally Posted by crazy8534
What you say is obviously correct but just a few points:

1. There are still old CW seats on all of the A380s which are unlikely to be subject to airframe substitution so if that can work for you then you can also get the benefit of the nice contained area created by the 2 middle seats on the lower deck.

2. There most likely wouldn't be a specific problem with you and your partner guesting the 2 children into a GC lounge (1 each) and then (assuming they aren't able to let the 2 year old in) 1 of you staying outside with the 3rd child who perhaps wants to do something else in the terminal. My children would like nothing better than to be "left alone to do whatever we want to do on our own because you are both embarrassing idiots".... but that is clearly slightly age-dependent...!

3. If you are in T3 at LHR then the QF lounge has a little-discussed, discretionary rule which allows complimentary access for any children up to the age of 3 and then up to 2 guest children each up to the age of 17. So that would cover your family fully. Explained here under "Qantas Owned and Operated Lounge". The QF door staff are absolutely lovely. You could book on AA and use MCE instead of WTP.
Appreciate the insight, as it is Chicago we fly to, the A380 is on this route. The QF lounge rule was not known to me and given we do use AA quite regularly so that would work for another year.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by dgreen678
Appreciate the insight, as it is Chicago we fly to, the A380 is on this route. The QF lounge rule was not known to me and given we do use AA quite regularly so that would work for another year.
Yes, I think in theory this is really meant for QF status holders and passengers, but what I have said about the staff at the entrance to the T3 QF lounge holds true.
dgreen678 likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
We're positioning to DUB in Y in July - wife and I both silver but we have three 3-yo girls. I'm not even going to try the lounge! We'll be fine the next day when we fly on to the US but we'll just find somewhere at T5 to sit for a short time before positioning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.