Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for San Francisco (SFO) vs San Jose (SJC) airport choice

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any recommendations for San Francisco (SFO) vs San Jose (SJC) airport choice

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by cubedweller
Yup, you're right.

I love SFO for a lot of reasons (new food court in International A is pretty good...
Please enlighten me!

rb211.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Whipped through SJC immigration this February in 5 minutes to curb side (with a friendly “welcome back”) compared to over an hour at SFO. There are some Mexican flights that might also arrive around the same time, so there’s some possibility of queues but nothing nearly on the scale they have at SFO where there’s multiple other heavies arriving at the same time as BA.

Heading out, I haven’t used SJC but I like the CX lounge and the refurbished BA lounge will certainly add something.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Update and glad I chose SJC based on your recommendations.
10 mins from touchdown to door open.
7 mins later through immigration using GE machine even though i was in WTP and not among the first off.
30 mins later bag collected and in Uber.
40 mins drive to Pleasanton.
MADPhil likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
Interesting. What method do you use to get there? We live in Berkeley, and when OAK isn't an option (aka 90% of the time) we have not even considered SJC because we figured it would be too long/too expensive to get there. We usually BART to SFO unless there is very little traffic in which case we'll Lyft to SFO for about $40.
You could use BART to the final station in Fremont and then use Uber/Lyft from there. Cost shouldn't be higher than SFO if you consider Uber/Lyft for there anyways.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by anyuser
Update and glad I chose SJC based on your recommendations.
10 mins from touchdown to door open.
7 mins later through immigration using GE machine even though i was in WTP and not among the first off.
30 mins later bag collected and in Uber.
40 mins drive to Pleasanton.
welcome to P/ton, sorry about the weather!
anyuser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.