Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a mobile/tablet without headphones

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately the best solution is to bring your own pair of noise cancelling headphones
Old May 16, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Unfortunately the best solution is to bring your own pair of noise cancelling headphones
But that technology works on cancelling out consistent and predictable sounds. They are pretty ineffective with speech and special effects. Unless you count the physical blocking factor of wearing any well fitting headphones of course.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I had this not long ago sitting in 1A on a 747, with the pax in 1K playing a video on his phone using the speaker. It was pre-take off and not terribly loud - although still loud enough to be irritating - and I took a calculated gamble that it would stop when the flight began, as it did. So no need for pro-active intervention, but what possesses someone on F ever to behave like this ?

However, all in all it ranks quite low in the annals of anti-social in-flight behaviour ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.