Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA / Brewdog confusion...?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
Finally found an Aircraft in the gold lounge hidden away in the Jubilee display. However it was the very hard to find a bottle opener...
Yes...just a few bottles in one of the chillers on that display. Do they still have it in First onboard?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
None on-board; I found a few in the Jubilee chiller and the (teeny) opener was just to the side. The date on the one I had was July 2022, I think, so they need drinking, clearly. Much more yeasty than I remember from 2019/20.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:56 am

Oooh I never got to try Aircraft, so must try to find it before it all runs out.

Jetstream is a bespoke recipe, a ‘cheaper’ one than the previous BA branded one by open admission of the BA team behind it.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
The late, lamented Speedbird 100 was originally created as a blend between two of their core beers at the time, Elvis Juice and Clockwork Tangerine. It later got its own recipe / brewsheet to recreate the same flavour.

The current JetStream offering I'm not so sure about. BrewDog have certainly rebadged beers in the past, or created "new" ones that are simply the most minor variations (anyone who tasted both "Aircraft" as was served in BA F and "Funk x Punk" will recognise this latter approach), but I can't immediately think what JetStream would be a rebadging of. I suspect, albeit without firm evidence, that it is a specific recipe.
Speedbird was my favourite Brewdog beer - do you have a copy of the brewsheet, I can't find it anywhere online!

Thanks in advance!
cbyrne92 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by RohitS
Speedbird was my favourite Brewdog beer - do you have a copy of the brewsheet, I can't find it anywhere online!

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately not, sorry.

As you maybe know, BrewDog release their recipes in a format known as "DIY Dog" but the last release of that seems to be 2019 and doesn't contain Speedbird from what I can tell.

A future release might do so - I've seen other requests for it to be included - but no idea when or even if such a release would happen.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Presume the 10% discount for BAEC members at BrewDog Bars ceased a long time ago; but just wanted to check if by some miracle it was still valid?
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Seems that BA is calling time on the BrewDog partnership, JetStream is off the summer menu and only available to pre-order via the Speedbird Cafe until 10 April. Stock up in the lounges while you can!
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:08 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Seems that BA is calling time on the BrewDog partnership, JetStream is off the summer menu and only available to pre-order via the Speedbird Cafe until 10 April. Stock up in the lounges while you can!
Hopefully this is just an intermission, because Speedbird is due to return:

Can you design a beer can? Prizes: a year's supply of beer, or a trip to Aberdeen
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.