Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

M&S Onboard Menu Summer 2019 (shorthaul buy on board)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&S Onboard Menu Summer 2019 (shorthaul buy on board)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Wrong place to ask but related to it's related to the menu change,

Does the Galleries Club still offers Highland Spring water or Harrogate?
Same question for tea: Twining's or Teapigs?
Not sure about GC but both CCR and GF are Harrogate now and so it is in flight. As I mentioned upthread, I think it is a network wide contractual change for BA and I believe that one of our lovely regular crew posters has confirmed that upthread also (apart from Crystal Geyser from the if I remember the post?). I'm glad because I find the sparkling Harrogate better than the Highland Spring (and if I dare appear totally shallow, prettier bottles too! ) so to me that's a nice move... apart from the BoB price hike of 10.83%.

I believe that tea is still Twininings (long standing in GC and GF, in the CCR it used to be different - and much nicer, notably the lavender tea - loose teas but changed to Twinnings months ago. Not 100% sure though.

PS: oops, cws beat me to it!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Tea priced at £2.50 is completly outragious!!

£1.50 would be a fair price for a normal cuppa, such as PG / Yorkshire / Tetley etc
Old May 1, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ianwall

£1.50 would be a fair price for a normal cuppa, such as PG / Yorkshire / Tetley etc
Fair price would be 50p....its a teabag and some water with a dash of milk.
ianwall likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TRISTAR1979
Disappointing that the kids activity packs are being charged for. They used to give out free packs to kids, It's just getting more and more like Ryan air... next they will be selling scratch cards? When will they come to their senses and give us a free drink + snack, and give the brand a bit of a premium feel again?
to be fair, these activity packs are more than just the freebies. It’s got snacks, magic tricks and a free app can be accessed too.

Old May 1, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paulieuk
And that means it is NOT Schweppes Slimline tonic (sugar-free and calorie-free) but 'Light' which is roughly half the sugar and calories, but just as frustrating to a diet-controlled diabetic as was Fever Tree Light.

Pickerings Gin from Edinburgh is a most likeable gin, incidentally.
not trying to say this replaces slim line tonic for people with diabetes, but BA offering a new sparkling water drink where they will donate some of the proceeds to UK diabetes charities
Old May 1, 2019, 3:52 pm

In your local deli. Yes.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards

Same price easyJet charges for the Clipper Organic Teas, which is owned by Royal Wessanen, a multi-nat with a focus on organic products.

Teapigs is a brand owned by Tata, from people that used to work at Tetley's and not organic. Do you think BA could have negotiated a better price than that?
Old May 1, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Have not tried it yet as flew CE but there seems to be a change to the tapas box as advertised - now references a dip, no cheese or cured ham. Will be a real disappointment next time we go ET if so.
volar likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by dddc
Same price easyJet charges for the Clipper Organic Teas, which is owned by Royal Wessanen, a multi-nat with a focus on organic products.

Teapigs is a brand owned by Tata, from people that used to work at Tetley's and not organic. Do you think BA could have negotiated a better price than that?
In Tesco, Teapigs tea bags work out at 27p per teabag. Clipper teabags are 3p each.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Have not tried it yet as flew CE but there seems to be a change to the tapas box as advertised - now references a dip, no cheese or cured ham. Will be a real disappointment next time we go ET if so.
I noticed that too. It’s a shame as it’s the one thing I enjoyed from the old ET menu. It was always clearly marked as ‘Not an M&S product’ and was the same as the one available on other airlines. I wonder if this new one is an M&S version.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Interesting to see teapigs do so well. I built their website!
Old May 2, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by flatlander
Easy have noodles and porridge, both reconstructed with water. I think BA are missing a trick there especially for mornings since these are shelf stable so should have low wastage rates.
The new menu does have a Porridge option - it's a "Maple syrup flavoured" one at (I think) £1.30. I would expect from the photo that's a reconstituted using hot water one with a long shelf life.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pythonisman
The new menu does have a Porridge option - it's a "Maple syrup flavoured" one at (I think) £1.30. I would expect from the photo that's a reconstituted using hot water one with a long shelf life.
That was already in the old menu actually!
Old May 2, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by zappomatic
In Tesco, Teapigs tea bags work out at 27p per teabag. Clipper teabags are 3p each.
So organic tea bags are cheaper? Is the rest of Teapigs price just to cover the marketing hype and executive salaries?
Old May 3, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by orbitmic
That was already in the old menu actually!
Yep noticed that on my flight back down last night which still had old menus loaded!
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.