Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier Points just before Collection Year Ends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have seen lots of threads about people having a few days leeway, so they can get their tier points included in the previous year, plus a question about someone trying to get tier points for 'months' deferred into the next tier year, mine is a combination of the two..

I am flying on 7th Sept, tier year ends on the 8th Sept and I'll already have gold, so would like (if possible) to defer the 210 tier points I'll be getting on the 7th into the new year, to give me a good chance of retaining gold next year too.

I have seen people say they have gotten tier points brough back to the previous year, but not added to the following, so wanted to see if anyone has managed it, given it's only a day, but will make a good chunk of my tier points for 2019/2020 year

Cheers
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sadly, BA doesn't do a deal in that direction. Fly on the 7th, you get the TPs for that ... and they disappear after the 8th.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
And you may find that the flights on 7th credit after 8th. These will then be removed as part of a clean up process.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Can't think of a worst anticlimax / disappointment. A couple of years ago I was in a similar situation, travelling on the last day of collection year and received the points in the new collection year, was so happy, only to then see them reversed out...heartbreaking
Vasco Pridat and george77300 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Costa Coffee
This is why we started our current Easter holiday on the 9th and not a couple of days earlier. (but please don't tell Mrs Amygdala)
fluffymitten, Last20 and towns like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Amygdala28
This is why we started our current Easter holiday on the 9th and not a couple of days earlier. (but please don't tell Mrs Amygdala)
Fortunately my wife is fully attuned to such matters! And ... our wedding anniversary is March, her birthday in April, and her/my BAEC anniversary is May, so no risk of conflict!

But we have always been happy, from our working days, to shift any ‘feast days’ to suit practicality.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a question along these lines whereby I am currently silver and my tier point collection year ends on 07 October however my card says it expires on 30 November. I will go back to bronze but I just wanted to clarify that with my membership card valid till 30 November that my Silver benefits remain until this date? Can someone also clarify that the boarding cards remain silver between 07 October and 30 November in order to get lounge access and guesting privileges in one world lounges? I realise this probably won’t be an issue in a BA lounge but my concern is using other one world lounges such as Qantas and Cathay Pacific in T3. Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You will continue to be silver and to receive your silver benefits until your card anniversary date.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I have a question along these lines whereby I am currently silver and my tier point collection year ends on 07 October however my card says it expires on 30 November. I will go back to bronze but I just wanted to clarify that with my membership card valid till 30 November that my Silver benefits remain until this date? Can someone also clarify that the boarding cards remain silver between 07 October and 30 November in order to get lounge access and guesting privileges in one world lounges? I realise this probably won’t be an issue in a BA lounge but my concern is using other one world lounges such as Qantas and Cathay Pacific in T3. Thanks for any info.
Just to reiterate, your collection year ends on the 8th. All flights taken up to 2359 local time on 8th count as your old.year.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Okay, what I expected to hear, but you always hope you can get some flexibility...

Thanks anyway!
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Possible 2 week leeway

Customer service made notes on my file re 2 week grace period to attain silver allowig me to fly and arrive before 22 of month when tier year ends on 8
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by testycal
Customer service made notes on my file re 2 week grace period to attain silver allowig me to fly and arrive before 22 of month when tier year ends on 8
indeed and this is a well publicised policy on FT which allows crediting for TPs two weeks after year end to a previous year for the purposes of retaining/attaining status.

however there is no leniency or policy to allow crediting flight prior to year end to the next membership year - and this is what the OP is asking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.