Wiki Posts
Search

Gold fast track with kids

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
Gold fast track with kids

Quick question, is it a strict one guest policy for fast track security? . Have a 7am flight and wondering if i can take my two kids through security with me (they have no status) . Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
If one of them is under 2 years you’ll be fine, for first wing. Otherwise use regular fast track as they will all be group 1.

Last edited by MrsW; Apr 21, 2019 at 1:22 am Reason: Add first wing info.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
First Wing applies strict guesting rules since it leads directly to the Galleries First lounge. A child under 2 does not count, any child over 2 is a regular guest. You might get lucky with a child only just over 2, but I wouldn’t expect it. Use regular fast track security over First Wing. You can still drop bags at First Wing.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
My experience with a young child (3) is that custom and practice is that you will tend to be given discretion. Just be nice about it if they turn you down.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:52 am
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MrsW
If one of them is under 2 years you’ll be fine, for first wing. Otherwise use regular fast track as they will all be group 1.
Can you guest two people through normal fast track as a GCH?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by bil

Can you guest two people through normal fast track as a GCH?
I believe the published benefit is one guest. Before my kids acquired status, I took them both through fast track several times and this was allowed. Your word people suggests grown ups. I have no experience of this. I expect someone else who has will be along in a minute to advise.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold, gha black
I think its 1 guest allowed. Group 1 only applies for boarding,
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by copenhagenBA
Quick question, is it a strict one guest policy for fast track security? . Have a 7am flight and wondering if i can take my two kids through security with me (they have no status) . Thanks
i have previously been refused when both my kids had silver ( I have gold) I was in first they in J. On another recent occasion it was allowed as was entry to CCR in the same circumstances. It depends on who you deal with and how charming you can be
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MrsW
I believe the published benefit is one guest. Before my kids acquired status, I took them both through fast track several times and this was allowed. Your word people suggests grown ups. I have no experience of this. I expect someone else who has will be along in a minute to advise.
Do you mean taking them through fast track or through the F wing?

Fast track is much less likely to be a problem.

First wing, however, as noted upthread, is in effect the entrance to the F lounge so the rule is very simple, if you or your guest is eligible to enter the F wing (flying F, GCH, OWE, or allowable guest), you are fine, and if not this is not allowed. As others said, discretion might be allowed for a very small child close to the border (or not) but is unlikely to fly with even a child of 4 or 5. Again, by contrast, fast track (south or north) would be a lot more likely to be successful with one more child than theoretically allowed.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by binman

i have previously been refused when both my kids had silver ( I have gold) I was in first they in J. On another recent occasion it was allowed as was entry to CCR in the same circumstances. It depends on who you deal with and how charming you can be
I thought fast track included passengers travelling in J?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Are you referring to LHR or LGW?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I thought fast track included passengers travelling in J?
First wing gold track is direct entry into the F/Emerald lounge at T5 therefore all users have to meet the lounge entry requirements.
Regular fast track has regular Heathrow fast track rules.
Have a quick check of the rules on BA.com, then you’ll know what to expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.