Wiki Posts
Search

Easter lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Easter lounge access?

Noticed BA allowed extra guests into their lounges last Easter holidays. Any sign of a repeat? Travelling tomorrow and would be good to not abandon our grown up kids in departures!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Odiy
Noticed BA allowed extra guests into their lounges last Easter holidays. Any sign of a repeat? Travelling tomorrow and would be good to not abandon our grown up kids in departures!
They are grown up, certainly they can be left behind in departures!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Originally Posted by Gshumway
They are grown up, certainly they can be left behind in departures!
they don’t like buying their own drinks at any age!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I may be wrong but I think that the latest exceptions tended to be by status (GCH and above only, with GGL now having an automatic right to 5 guests at LHR throughout the year). And I have not seen anything advertised for this Easter (and not even sure it would work one week before either) so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
For the Easter period a number of GCH have been selected and offered additional guesting privileges. Those selected will have been emailed and a note made on their booking.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Was just about to post exactly the same question as the OP but luckily I searched first. I'm flying in a party of 2 Gold and 3 Blue on Friday, so was hoping for an extension (even 1 and a half guests each would have been enough!). Out of interest, any idea how the lucky few were selected?
I'm guessing that it's not worth phoning up/asking at the lounge/etc
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
From previous threads it looks like those selected are on flights due to depart at less busy times of the day. So it is route and departure time dependent.

I wouldn't bother phoning or asking at the lounge. If you have been chosen then you have been chosen and if you haven't then you haven't.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
in your position...I'd think everyone will enjoy themselves more if the adults go to the lounge, and the (grown-up) kids get slipped 20 quid to spend at a suitable airport pub...
mikeyfly, Horatio and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus
in your position...I'd think everyone will enjoy themselves more if the adults go to the lounge, and the (grown-up) kids get slipped 20 quid to spend at a suitable airport pub...
Being 23 myself, I too would much prefer to be slipped a £20 to spend at some pub which for airport drinks is renowned for cheap beer. Someone mention a spoons
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus
Unfortunately in my position my wife and I are the grown up kids, so that's not going to work. Huxleys it is!
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Odiy
What about the other option of you all staying together and not going to the Lounge unless the fare grants you access?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
What about the other option of you all staying together and not going to the Lounge unless the fare grants you access?
If I enjoy someone's company enough to want to go on holiday with them then I'd certainly choose to have a drink and bite to eat with them in the airport terminal than sit in the BA lounge without them.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.