FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Easter lounge access? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1965018-easter-lounge-access.html)

Odiy Apr 12, 2019 12:03 am

Easter lounge access?

Noticed BA allowed extra guests into their lounges last Easter holidays. Any sign of a repeat? Travelling tomorrow and would be good to not abandon our grown up kids in departures!

Gshumway Apr 12, 2019 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Odiy (Post 30991509)
Noticed BA allowed extra guests into their lounges last Easter holidays. Any sign of a repeat? Travelling tomorrow and would be good to not abandon our grown up kids in departures!

They are grown up, certainly they can be left behind in departures!

Odiy Apr 12, 2019 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Gshumway (Post 30991537)
They are grown up, certainly they can be left behind in departures!

they don’t like buying their own drinks at any age!

orbitmic Apr 12, 2019 12:58 am

I may be wrong but I think that the latest exceptions tended to be by status (GCH and above only, with GGL now having an automatic right to 5 guests at LHR throughout the year). And I have not seen anything advertised for this Easter (and not even sure it would work one week before either) so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Boeing77W Apr 12, 2019 1:21 am

For the Easter period a number of GCH have been selected and offered additional guesting privileges. Those selected will have been emailed and a note made on their booking.

omk298 Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am

Was just about to post exactly the same question as the OP but luckily I searched first. I'm flying in a party of 2 Gold and 3 Blue on Friday, so was hoping for an extension (even 1 and a half guests each would have been enough!). Out of interest, any idea how the lucky few were selected?
I'm guessing that it's not worth phoning up/asking at the lounge/etc

UKtravelbear Apr 16, 2019 8:57 am

From previous threads it looks like those selected are on flights due to depart at less busy times of the day. So it is route and departure time dependent.

I wouldn't bother phoning or asking at the lounge. If you have been chosen then you have been chosen and if you haven't then you haven't.

ratypus Apr 16, 2019 8:58 am

in your position...I'd think everyone will enjoy themselves more if the adults go to the lounge, and the (grown-up) kids get slipped 20 quid to spend at a suitable airport pub...

PrivatePilotDR40 Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by ratypus (Post 31006397)
in your position...I'd think everyone will enjoy themselves more if the adults go to the lounge, and the (grown-up) kids get slipped 20 quid to spend at a suitable airport pub...

Being 23 myself, I too would much prefer to be slipped a £20 to spend at some pub which for airport drinks is renowned for cheap beer. Someone mention a spoons ;)

omk298 Apr 16, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ratypus (Post 31006397)

Unfortunately in my position my wife and I are the grown up kids, so that's not going to work. Huxleys it is!

PUCCI GALORE Apr 19, 2019 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Odiy (Post 30991509)

What about the other option of you all staying together and not going to the Lounge unless the fare grants you access?

Misco60 Apr 19, 2019 1:46 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31016263)
What about the other option of you all staying together and not going to the Lounge unless the fare grants you access?

If I enjoy someone's company enough to want to go on holiday with them then I'd certainly choose to have a drink and bite to eat with them in the airport terminal than sit in the BA lounge without them.