Wiki Posts
Search

Not really First Class....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:01 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by Heliboy
Arriving T5 from OSL yesterday, 4,5 hours to kill at LHR before the F-flight to YVR. My boarding card got rejected at Fast Track security, and I got to learn - after some dicussion with the CSM - that since my YVR-flight is leaving from T3, I can not access T5 and the Concorde Room. What???
BA has marketed and sold me a First Class experience, including the CCR, but I have never read or been warned about this limitation (T5/T3). Frankfurt and other major airports have different terminals, but there is no restriction in what lounge you can access (as long as your ticket type or status entitles you to enter).
The CSM told me I was not the first customer to be surprised and complain about this, and appologized on behalf of BA for the lack of information.
BA obviously need to align their marketing to the product they deliver.

The F-flight itself: No power working in 1K, had to ask the person i 1A to charge my phone. Barely got some wine, took 2,5 hours before food was served (I told them I wanted to eat asap when they handed out the menu), finally got a salad and chicken, just to get food poisoned. So, now enjoying canadian bathrooms....
Don’t know what you were expecting... that’s pretty typical.

I don’t have to read anything below yours to know it will be people asking you how do you know and to prove it was BA that poisoned you.

As for the CCR you’re really not missing much. CX and QF are better, quieter, cleaner, less shabby, better food, you actually stand more of a chance of getting a spa mini appointment in T3... minus possibly some specific expensive label booze you may have been hoping to load up if you’re that sort.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by amt
I don’t have to read anything below yours to know it will be people asking you how do you know and to prove it was BA that poisoned you.
It's possible it was literally their only food in that period. I do intermittent fasting, so I've had this be the case before now.

(Almost certainly not, but you never know!)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Hope it's not the FT
Plenty of FTs available this morning - I also mentioned this on the FT thread to support the comment by CWS.

Doc Copper
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
As far as I know, the limitations to the terminals that you can visit without a BP for a flight from the same terminal is not in any way a choice by BA and I struggle to see how BA missold anything on that one. Different airports and terminals just have different lounges, and there are in fact, quite a few European airports where you would not be allowed to enter a lounge in a terminal/part of the terminal that you are not flying from.

I'm hardly a BA apologist, but First Class does not mean that you get anything that you want. Things such as security and airport infrastructure are largely outside of airlines' control. Plus as others have said, you have both a BA F lounge and several other F lounges to use when flying from T3, and that includes much better showers (and some would say better food) than what you could get at T5, though the drinks quality in the CCR is unmatched at LHR (but is still very good in the BA T3 F lounge).
Crofton138 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by KARFA
In T3 you will be able to go to any of the AA/BA/CX F lounges and the QF lounge. Some would say the CX F lounge is better than the CCR so tbh you may be better off in T3 than T5.
Fixed that for you
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Seriously? The lounge is but a small part of the journey, there are adequate places to enjoy the wait in T3.
Agreed the lounge is only part of it, lets just hope he swerved the BA F lounge and went to the CX lounge, in LHR. Says a lot.
NoY likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
The OP sounds very harsh .. But I do see his point .
I remember how much I was excited and looking forward to my first special experience
Let it be the first club flight.. The first first.. Or the first time I was excited to use my ccr card only to be turned off at exactly the same spot as op when trying to enter t5 with a t3 departure
​​​​​Today I laugh about it of course . And yes. For all of us it's clear and easy..
But to be excited to use the ccr for the first time.. And then being turned down is a sad experience.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stevie
Agreed the lounge is only part of it, lets just hope he swerved the BA F lounge and went to the CX lounge, in LHR. Says a lot.
F products attract many OTT comments on FT.
Positive as well as negative.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stevie
If he can get in to the CX lounge, every visit I've made there this last 9/12 months I've found the place to be crowded with many if the seats just topo close to each other. People keep telling us here the food is great in there, but with one or two exceptions I've found it pretty average.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Subscribed. How do you know your food poisoning came from the BA food?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:00 am

If he can get in to the CX lounge, every visit I've made there this last 9/12 months I've found the place to be crowded with many if the seats just topo close to each other. People keep telling us here the food is great in there, but with one or two exceptions I've found it pretty average.
Last time I went in my thought was that the place was full of Flyertalkers.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Last time I went in my thought was that the place was full of Flyertalkers.
Yes. A very louche crowd. Not first class lounge material.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
People keep telling us here the food is great in there, but with one or two exceptions I've found it pretty average.
I must say I quite like it. In last month's menu (I haven't been in April as yet), the salmon with Israeli couscous and harissa was truly excellent and I'm not usually a big fan of salmon, and the Korean kimchi steamed buns were an excellent starter as was the asparagus with a perfectly poached egg. The Chinese desserts are always intriguing though not nearly as good as what you get in Hong Kong and China.

I do like the mocktail offering too and the decent grapefruit juice (unlike the CCR which has ditched its previously good grapefruit juice for an inferior version a while ago). On the other hand the wine and Champagne menu is much better in the CCR and the coffee is better too (though the QF lounge has - perhaps unsurprisingly given the Australian general coffee quality - much better than both of them).
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:01 am

I really enjoyed it last time I was in there. The noodles were excellent.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by amt

Don’t know what you were expecting... that’s pretty typical.

As for the CCR you’re really not missing much. CX and QF are better, quieter, cleaner, less shabby, better food, you actually stand more of a chance of getting a spa mini appointment in T3... minus possibly some specific expensive label booze you may have been hoping to load up if you’re that sort.
4 hours after the original post, it was yourself who made the first reference to the OPs claim of food poisoning. I hope you don’t feel too awkward about your assumption.
Soupdragon62 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.