FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not really First Class....
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:17 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
People keep telling us here the food is great in there, but with one or two exceptions I've found it pretty average.
I must say I quite like it. In last month's menu (I haven't been in April as yet), the salmon with Israeli couscous and harissa was truly excellent and I'm not usually a big fan of salmon, and the Korean kimchi steamed buns were an excellent starter as was the asparagus with a perfectly poached egg. The Chinese desserts are always intriguing though not nearly as good as what you get in Hong Kong and China.

I do like the mocktail offering too and the decent grapefruit juice (unlike the CCR which has ditched its previously good grapefruit juice for an inferior version a while ago). On the other hand the wine and Champagne menu is much better in the CCR and the coffee is better too (though the QF lounge has - perhaps unsurprisingly given the Australian general coffee quality - much better than both of them).