Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC Silver Benefits Security Fast-Track???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club

On a recent flight well 24 hours ago actually, I noticed the new July high life magazine describing the tiers and benefits.

Please correct me if I am wrong but does BAEC Silver not include Fast-Track Security??

I was always led to believe it did, But according to the July issue its only Gold's that benefit from this perk??

I am not yet Silver I'm working towards it and should make it in October.

if there's already a post with this answer can some1 point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

Colnic2011
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
One of my favourite Silver benefits is Fast-Track security.

You don't get access to the First Wing, but you do get Fast Track.

Fast-Track security is listed in the first paragraph here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ilver-benefits
Colnic2011 likes this.

Last edited by jerub; Jul 9, 2018 at 3:14 pm Reason: Add link to ba website.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerub
One of my favourite Silver benefits is Fast-Track security.

You don't get access to the First Wing, but you do get Fast Track.
The July Edition of high life magazine must have it wrong then.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are two marketing strands here.

The oneworld benefit is for Emeralds only, without a guest. and at a handful of airports in the scheme, more details on their website. If it was the oneworld page you were looking at then that would explain it.

The BA benefit is for Silvers and includes one guest, at those airports that offer the service to BA's passengers - most of the usual suspects. There are details of this in the BA.com websiite area for Silver, and there is also a Fast Track inventory in the Dashboard.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

The oneworld benefit is for Emeralds only, without a guest. and at a handful of airports in the scheme, more details on their website. If it was the oneworld page you were looking at then that would explain it.

The BA benefit is for Silvers and includes one guest, at those airports that offer the service to BA's passengers - most of the usual suspects. There are details of this in the BA.com websiite area for Silver, and there is also a Fast Track inventory in the Dashboard.
Awesome thanks I will search for the Fast track inventory that will come in very handy in the future.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I've often taken Mrs Yeoman and a couple of sprogs (none of whom have status) through LHR fast track without a problem.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Last edited by Yeoman5; Jul 10, 2018 at 9:32 am Reason: adding extra info
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Warsaw Chopin Airport offers Fast Track to British Airways Gold members only. Is this policy add odds with BA? If the service is offered to BA card holders at all, surely it should be according to BA policy, ie both Silver and Gold members?

Furthermore, Warsaw seems to offer Fast Track to both Sapphire and Emerald holders of Finnair, Qatar and Qantas but explicitly not British Airways - strange discrimination of BA 'Sapphire' members compared to all others in the alliance - any thoughts?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
That suggests that BA is only paying for FastTrack for Golds at WAW.

And I do not believe it is at odds with BA policy, its similar to the "no access to a lounge at xxxx" that we see in places like tallinn
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sb1982
Warsaw Chopin Airport offers Fast Track to British Airways Gold members only. Is this policy add odds with BA? If the service is offered to BA card holders at all, surely it should be according to BA policy, ie both Silver and Gold members?

Furthermore, Warsaw seems to offer Fast Track to both Sapphire and Emerald holders of Finnair, Qatar and Qantas but explicitly not British Airways - strange discrimination of BA 'Sapphire' members compared to all others in the alliance - any thoughts?
I’m a Silver and haven’t had an issue at WAW in my several visits there. In fact, its one of the better fast tracks as its materially quicker than the standard queue. Just give it a whirl. Worst that can happen is they send you to the other queue.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Awesome thanks I will search for the Fast track inventory that will come in very handy in the future.
Yes I have threads like those bookmarked on my iPhone so that I can refer quickly when at a new airport with little planning!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by cameramaker

I’m a Silver and haven’t had an issue at WAW in my several visits there. In fact, its one of the better fast tracks as its materially quicker than the standard queue. Just give it a whirl. Worst that can happen is they send you to the other queue.
I did, and they sent me away this time - and I enquired at the BA desk and they told me "at Warsaw Gold only" - and their website confirms that. Strange.. their own rules for BA/Oneworld?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
WAW's own site has a page about fast track and shows only a BA gold gets access - click on "Cards entitled for business transition" brings up a pdf showing access based on status

https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/l...-programs.html

BA are free to make fast track arrangements as they wish from their outstations. As noted above some have no access at all for any BA passengers. This thread has some details on tracking where access is given

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
WAW's own site has a page about fast track and shows only a BA gold gets access - click on "Cards entitled for business transition" brings up a pdf showing access based on status

https://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/en/l...-programs.html

BA are free to make fast track arrangements as they wish from their outstations. As noted above some have no access at all for any BA passengers. This thread has some details on tracking where access is given

Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
Yes I am aware of that link - and what I was referring to in my post - when I said WAW had made it explicitly clear that all Oneworld alliance members top two tiers, except BA, can access the service. Would BA negotiate with this airport a deal that goes against it's own policy of allowing both Gold and Silver access to Fast Track? That's my point.. Or could the airport be wrong?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sb1982
Would BA negotiate with this airport a deal that goes against it's own policy of allowing both Gold and Silver access to Fast Track? That's my point..
BA can negotiate whatever access they choose at each airport re fast track. As noted there are some airports where there is no access at all for any BA passengers even though other oneworld airlines provide it for their passengers.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
BA can negotiate whatever access they choose at each airport re fast track. As noted there are some airports where there is no access at all for any BA passengers even though other oneworld airlines provide it for their passengers.
I get you, anyone can negotiate what they want - I think that goes without saying - I'm asking for a view, since BA claim both Silver and Gold can access Fast Track, and I am yet to see an example where BA itself advertises it as Gold only - why would they negotiate something that goes against their policy? If you don't have an answer then that is fine, we can go in circles, others may have an actual answer or another example of this elsewhere - I just don't understand why BA would 'want' to negotiate that here, and querying whether the airport have got this particular one wrong! You're just assuming it's correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.