Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Interview on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Global Entry Interview on Arrival

Does anyone have any experience of GE interview on arrival at LAX? We will be arriving on the 283 which is scheduled to arrive at 13.05. Mr NW and I both have GE but we will be travelling with our 9 year olds who do not. I am wondering whether the lesser of the evils is to book a GE interview for them on arrival or brave the 'normal' immigration queues. Ultimately I am looking at what will be most painless (remembering a 100+ minute queue at immigration on our last visit) but there are obvious advantages to them having GE in the longer term.

What time should I book the interview for allowing for de-planing etc and the time it takes to travel through LAX? We are travelling in F. What happens if the flight is delayed and we miss our interview slot?

Any insight into the process would be much appreciated. I am regretting not taking the kids when the GE processing centre was operating in London. I am aware of current backlogs but we are not travelling until August.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:43 am

This is the forum you need

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
I might be wrong, but I thought you didn't need to book an interview on arrival ?

Last year I did it at PHL without an appointment. I just followed the signs to the "Interview on Arrival" section and then waited 10 minutes and then had the interview (which was pretty straightforward) - it took about 20 minutes all together.

Obviously you have to have the conditional approval first, but unless it is different at LAX, I don't think you need to book in advance.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The Internet is your friend. Here are CBP's rules for IOA. No appointments, but one,of course, must have preliminary approval.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ons/california
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Scillybear
I might be wrong, but I thought you didn't need to book an interview on arrival ?

Last year I did it at PHL without an appointment. I just followed the signs to the "Interview on Arrival" section and then waited 10 minutes and then had the interview (which was pretty straightforward) - it took about 20 minutes all together.

Obviously you have to have the conditional approval first, but unless it is different at LAX, I don't think you need to book in advance.
Yes, I second that...no booking needed for interview on arrival...etc.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:02 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is not a BA issue, and the OP has been directed towards an appropriate thread, we'll close the thread here.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.