Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAN airport security disaster

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
MAN airport security disaster

BA check in desks moved to far end of check in, security queue stretching back to where the BA check in desk used to be, no fast track security, staff that say it’s a shambles, can’t say why or what is being done to address it.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by navylad
BA check in desks moved to far end of check in, security queue stretching back to where the BA check in desk used to be, no fast track security, staff that say it’s a shambles, can’t say why or what is being done to address it.
I just went through also - I don't find it that unusual for MAN around holiday periods which is always chaos. Was pretty bad though, security staff shouting out it could be an hour wait if your bag is sent for secondary. Sounds like I managed to sneak through Fast Track before they pulled it, then. Lounge is fairly peaceful when you get here - think it's mostly families going away not on BA.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I would not be impressed if they have closed FT security. Many people pay a premium for this service (not that it is very premium) so for it to be taken away for even a short while is not acceptable.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Fast track was still open at 5:30 - but security was an absolute shambles. Despite fast-track it took us 20+ minutes to get through, despite being in a very short queue.

A principle malfunction seemed to be that if enough bags needed secondary screening (liquids, laptops, razor handles, throwing stars, etc) then they would queue up and not let any bags through the machine.

By the time I was through the queue, FT security queue was backed up all the way to the scanner.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If the queues are backed out to the main concourse (which admittedly won't take much) I would suggest that those affected Twitter a photo of it, and include the airport and the mayor.

Some hashtags for you:
@manairport

@mayorofGM

@visit_mcr

@MENnewsdesk
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If the queues are backed out to the main concourse (which admittedly won't take much) I would suggest that those affected Twitter a photo of it, and include the airport and the mayor.

Some hashtags for you:
@manairport

@mayorofGM

@visit_mcr

@MENnewsdesk
i did exactly that (negative media as not allowed to speak to the media even in matters unrelated to Defence)
icebird likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Would you clarify where the check-in desks have moved to? Are they still in the same zone (zone B) or have they moved back to where they were a few years ago (zone A)?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Would you clarify where the check-in desks have moved to? Are they still in the same zone (zone B) or have they moved back to where they were a few years ago (zone A)?
Ryanair have moved in where BA and BA and AA have both moved to the end furthest from Security.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:51 pm

Ryanair have moved in where BA and BA and AA have both moved to the end furthest from Security.
Thank you. So they have returned home, that’s where they were for years. In fact they moved from there to make way for Ryanair! I very rarely check luggage, so hadn’t realised checkin had moved.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Sounds like Glasgow! Seems that EasyJet has bumped BA down a few desks from the prime position they have held for decades!
cullenlad likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:54 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Disaster? Hyperbole of the day?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
It looked like a 2+ hour queue for anyone not in fast track. A disaster was certainly possible for some non-frequent fliers!
icebird, Silver Fox and navylad like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by XLB
Nope. Its a 24/7 disaster at MAN.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by XLB
No, it’s not a hyperbole. If you know the layout of the airport and search twitter for photos of this evening’s shambolic management, you’ll see why it might be a disaster for a lot of people.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by teledude
Nope. Its a 24/7 disaster at MAN.
That’s really not been my experience at MAN T3 the last 6 months or so, yes some staff still have attitude but I’ve found queues not too bad at all outside of peak travel times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.