Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GVA lounge arrangements from 28 May to late 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

As posted in the BA Trade website: The British Airways Galleries lounge at Geneva International Airport is scheduled to close for refurbishment on 28 May and will reopen some time in late 2019. Interim arrangements have been confirmed which will allow BA passengers to use the nearby dnata Skyview Lounge.

From what I have read, the Skyview Lounge seems quite a pleasant environment, and has received good reviews.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Good to have the date. The refurbished lounge will have a lot more capacity since the space inefficient stands, old smoking room and dividers will be removed, plus they are expanding into a storage area. I imagine the lounge agents (it's dnata operated) will get their desk area turned into a perch like FCO.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
So they’re just removing the old kitchen and partitioned area? I’d hoped they would be expanding into the old *A lounge behind them... oh well.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
GVA lounge update

Entered the construction zone.

The pictures say it all.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Any update on the GVA lounge re-opening? Seems a touch underwhelming given the hype about it being larger... from the photos above, they seem to have removed the kids’ / smoking room and the bag storage racks, but other than that, no actually expansion?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Any update on the GVA lounge re-opening? Seems a touch underwhelming given the hype about it being larger... from the photos above, they seem to have removed the kids’ / smoking room and the bag storage racks, but other than that, no actually expansion?
It's supposed to be opening before Christmas. The decor will be an exact replica of the FCO lounge.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:58 am

Today's update

Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have been told a Friday 22 November opening, but one of the lounge's more frequent users.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have been told a Friday 22 November opening, but one of the lounge's more frequent users.
Sounds feasible from what I saw.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

With the lounge refurbishment now completed and the lounge open again, posts relating to the new lounge have been moved to a new dedicated thread.

Geneva British Airways Lounge

A link to the new thread has also been added to the forum dashboard

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.