Seat change fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seat change fee

Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused with a seating fee.

I book a ticket for my girlfriend in WTP and upgraded her in CW via our household account.
She has Blue status, so I've called BA to pick seats for her and paid in cash + avios as it wouldn't let me do it online.
£72 + 12300 Avios (instead of ~£143 cash)

After some research, I found we could have better seats, so today I called again to amend it and I was quoted another £153 just for moving 1 row on both flights. This on top of what I already paid.

I have hard time to believe what the BA agent told me on the phone.
How can I end up paying more double the amount I already paid ? Shouldn't be just the price difference?
I can't believe BA would ask for £296 for choosing seats on 2 flights!

Edit: I've found this : https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...es-and-refunds
It clearly says I only pay for the difference.

The question is: is BA able to do a price difference on a seat part paid with avios?

Last edited by MaximeD; Apr 3, 2019 at 11:42 am Reason: found change seat condition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.