Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:12 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I’m pretty sure this is a glitch as the above 16 seats in rows 2 and 4 are showing for the BA 460 from flights this week onwards. So unless there has been a change in policy which allows anyone to select these seats, there is unfortunately a significant chance of getting kicked out.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have checked expertflyer for a couple of random dates in July and the seat map on there is showing the standard layout for First and Club on the seat map.

I would bet on a glitch at BA side. If you’d like me to check your specific flights, please post actual travel dates.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by SpotTheDog

Say I went onto MMB at T-72 in order to change my seat - would I be able to select one of the flub seats?
there’s a good chance you will. But as said, no guarantee you won’t be booted out of it at t-24.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC - GGL
Originally Posted by gliderpilot

there’s a good chance you will. But as said, no guarantee you won’t be booted out of it at t-24.
Thanks all. I think I’ll stay put - would this error potentially lead to the cabin becoming overbooked? Or would the system not allow for it?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:09 am

As another data point - my flight (BA461) in September is also showing the same seat map with rows 2 & 4 all forward facing.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SpotTheDog

Thanks all. I think I’ll stay put - would this error potentially lead to the cabin becoming overbooked? Or would the system not allow for it?
Overall, they will not operate the First cabin if they don't need to do so, it ties down an extra crew member. So regardless of seat maps and seat selection, if you are in Flub and there is a seat in CW then you will end up in CW. There may not be many seats left, but it's a short flight so maybe it is worth the gamble.

However the consensus that has emerged is that the best thing to do is
- select the best CW seat and stay there in Manage My Booking, only changing CW seats if a better one becomes available (e.g. due to someone else Flubbing!).
- OLCI in CW, but don't download, app, email or fax your boarding pass. This then allows you to move to another seat.
- Then monitor the seat map a few hours before departure. If CW is full - and Expertflyer or a ping to this forum can clarify that - then move to Flub via the App. Golds should see all seats regardless of blocks.
- If you can't move via the App or self service machines where available, then go to the check-in desk, see what they can do. You can't go to the check-in desk before the day of travel.
- At that point, when you can see that CW is definitely full, then selecting a Flub seat may well work, but though the risk is thereby lower, it isn't totally certain - few things with commercial aviation are.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Overall, they will not operate the First cabin if they don't need to do so, it ties down an extra crew member. So regardless of seat maps and seat selection, if you are in Flub and there is a seat in CW then you will end up in CW. There may not be many seats left, but it's a short flight so maybe it is worth the gamble.

However the consensus that has emerged is that the best thing to do is
- select the best CW seat and stay there in Manage My Booking, only changing CW seats if a better one becomes available (e.g. due to someone else Flubbing!).
- OLCI in CW, but don't download, app, email or fax your boarding pass. This then allows you to move to another seat.
- Then monitor the seat map a few hours before departure. If CW is full - and Expertflyer or a ping to this forum can clarify that - then move to Flub via the App. Golds should see all seats regardless of blocks.
- If you can't move via the App or self service machines where available, then go to the check-in desk, see what they can do. You can't go to the check-in desk before the day of travel.
- At that point, when you can see that CW is definitely full, then selecting a Flub seat may well work, but though the risk is thereby lower, it isn't totally certain - few things with commercial aviation are.
Thanks for all that info c-w-s.
Does the same apply with Steerage class and the WT+ cabin?
I have a EuroTraveller ticket and MMB only shows the Economy class cabin but Expertflyer shows the WT+ cabin as well, with some seats unblocked.
As all the exit legroom seats are gone in ET, I called the GGL line and they moved me into the WT+ cabin but now on Expertflyer, only my seat in WT+ is shown as occupied.
Just wondering if I'm likely to get shifted back.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gcuk
Thanks for all that info c-w-s.
Does the same apply with Steerage class and the WT+ cabin?
I believe the chances of WTP being used are quite high on the MAD route. So in your shoes I'd move back to WT if WTP remains empty. At T-72 hours you can use your experience and guess work to take a pitch at whether WTP would be needed or now.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I believe the chances of WTP being used are quite high on the MAD route. So in your shoes I'd move back to WT if WTP remains empty. At T-72 hours you can use your experience and guess work to take a pitch at whether WTP would be needed or now.
Thanks c-w-s. I only moved into WT+ within the t-72 period so as I'm still the only one seated in WTP according to EF, and there's still no WTP showing on MMB, a wise man would probably move back but then the adventurer in me figures that its only a 2 hour flight, I'm halfway through a good book, so even a middle seat for that time will be ok, so I'll stick in WTP and report what happens - take one for the team as it were!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:20 am

Thanks c-w-s. I only moved into WT+ within the t-72 period so as I'm still the only one seated in WTP according to EF, and there's still no WTP showing on MMB, a wise man would probably move back but then the adventurer in me figures that its only a 2 hour flight, I'm halfway through a good book, so even a middle seat for that time will be ok, so I'll stick in WTP and report what happens - take one for the team as it were!
16 of us seated in WTP for tomorrow according to Expertflyer but the WTP seat plan doesn't appear in MMB so the only way I could have selected to sit in the WTP cabin was to call GGL. Is that the same for CW into F in case I'm ever in that position? F cabin for tomorrow still blocked though per EF.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:36 am

16 of us seated in WTP for tomorrow according to Expertflyer but the WTP seat plan doesn't appear in MMB so the only way I could have selected to sit in the WTP cabin was to call GGL. Is that the same for CW into F in case I'm ever in that position? F cabin for tomorrow still blocked though per EF.
What you are seeing upthread is people being able to select First directly in MMB, which seemingly now happens at several junctures. Also, and I don't know whether you checked seating some time back, but it is possible that WTP is available for selection from way back if sat in WT. Those now in WTP may well be pushed there from WT seating, I can't believe they all rang up for it. And that is would happen on Flub too. The key is whether WT looks full or not.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:53 am

What you are seeing upthread is people being able to select First directly in MMB, which seemingly now happens at several junctures. Also, and I don't know whether you checked seating some time back, but it is possible that WTP is available for selection from way back if sat in WT. Those now in WTP may well be pushed there from WT seating, I can't believe they all rang up for it. And that is would happen on Flub too. The key is whether WT looks full or not.
Hi c-w-s. I've never been able to see the WTP cabin and still can't on MMB but saw on Expertflyer a couple of days ago that some seats in WTP were unblocked (all were previously blocked per Expertflyer) so I called GGL and they moved me into the WTP cabin. At that point mine was the only seat taken in WTP per Expertflyer. 18 seats now occupied in WTP per Expertflyer with 2 seats open in economy and a further 36 blocked.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:58 am

Hi c-w-s. 18 seats now occupied in WTP per Expertflyer with 2 seats open in economy and a further 36 blocked.
That looks to me to end up full in WT then. If there are only one or two seats going (the blocks at this stage will be mostly preallocations), by the time staff standby gets chucked in then you would probably have a full WTP and some people being moved forward. Then you have to keep rolling people into First if necessary. Which, incidentally, is why Flub is more complex than it looks, it starts from the back, not the front.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:05 pm

That looks to me to end up full in WT then. If there are only one or two seats going (the blocks at this stage will be mostly preallocations), by the time staff standby gets chucked in then you would probably have a full WTP and some people being moved forward. Then you have to keep rolling people into First if necessary. Which, incidentally, is why Flub is more complex than it looks, it starts from the back, not the front.
I'll report back tomorrow!
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:06 am

Update as promised. As check in closed Expert flyer showed economy with 2 blocked middle seats and First with 1a and 2f blocked. Every other seat taken in all cabins.

I never got to see the WTP seat map in MMB, it only ever showed the economy cabin from row 26 backwards, even though GGL had moved me to a WTP seat, row 21 on Monday.

C gate, so on shuttle I checked Expertflyer and only 2E left on the whole plane.
Hopefully refreshed app but still showing WTP seat on my boarding pass but at gate, the magic beep and a new boarding pass, 1A 😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.