Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Classy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

My first impression was that he had just discovered 2 First redemption seats to SYD, it was all too much to take in and he needed a lie down
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:04 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
I need more information...

Who is this Janet that can only afford a bi annual holiday but can travel first or flies enough business miles for access and isn’t clued in enough to the perils never wear white travelling?

Secondly why is a Janet on lesuire travel more important than say a Carl travelling to a business meeting he’s been trying to set up for two years in a stained business suit/shirt... classism or sexism?

I think the British public have been socially conditioned by too many Janet’s standing frowning next to the things that ‘ruined me life’ in tabloids or morning TV.

Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
I'm not a big fan of the underside of shoes touching the same surfaces that my bare skin touches. At the same time, taking pictures of people to post on the Internet is just rude...
Nor am I, but it seems from the picture that it's the back of their shoes and trousers that are in contact with the furniture. I suspect those are as clean as most other body parts (bottoms, legs, etc) that conventionally touch such surfaces.

On a different note, it seems odd to me that most people don't have the same objection to bags on furniture. I bet the underside of some bags is comparable to shoe soles.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Posting pics of people on the internet to shame their behaviour isn't exactly a shining beacon of decorum though, is it?
Maybe not, but maybe the threat of being called out for shameful behavior will actually prevent one from behaving shamefully. (though I doubt it).
graffiti and gypsyjaney like this.

Last edited by DCAFly; Mar 26, 2019 at 9:15 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
With you, WotAs ... shoes and bags go on floor, food and drink (and reading material) goes on tables.

Anyway, why was the hypothetical ‘Janet’ travelling in white? Has she no sense whatsoever? Dress for self-preservation whilst travelling on Public Transport, change into Ibiza/Party wear after arrival ... unless expecting papparazzi to meet you in Arrivals.
birdiedouble and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd get an earful from the missus if I did that in the house with my shoes on. Are there no poufes in the lounges?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'd get an earful from the missus if I did that in the house with my shoes on. Are there no poufes in the lounges?
No, society is quite liberal these days.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:19 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Maybe not, but maybe the threat of being called out for their shameful behavior may actually prevent one from behaving shamefully. (though I doubt it).
It could also develop into a scenario akin to that Netflix dystopia series where people go around bleeping and rating each other constantly and we all love in a pastel coloured hell devoid of any real human emotion, where all behaviour is structured around pleasing and appearing non offensive to strangers and dictated by ‘super influencers’ and consultants...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:21 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Not only taking picture for shaming on an internet forum is not exactly being on the high ground, but on top of it posting it in the wrong forum as this is completely unrelated to BA and BAEC shows how low you can go.
T8191 and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by DCAFly
Maybe not, but maybe the threat of being called out for shameful behavior will actually prevent one from behaving shamefully. (though I doubt it).
Unlikely that Mr shoes on sofa will ever see this. Consequently very little chance of behaviour change.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA blue, very lapsed Delta
Originally Posted by Yeoman5

From the LHR F lounge earlier this week
I see it and I raise a woman resting her bare feet on the coffee table in front of her chair, a couple of months ago at LHR T5 Club lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Janet isn't happy!
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amt

It could also develop into a scenario akin to that Netflix dystopia series where people go around bleeping and rating each other constantly and we all love in a pastel coloured hell devoid of any real human emotion, where all behaviour is structured around pleasing and appearing non offensive to strangers and dictated by ‘super influencers’ and consultants...
already happening.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-deman...ome-transport/
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by eugegall
Really? Do you think it's ok for Janet, who is going on her first holiday in two years to sit on the same sofa with her arm resting where this selfish mans feet once were.

Janet is wearing white and this top is now dirty = life ruined!

Do you think Janet thinks it's acceptable to have shoes on the arm of a pubic sofa?

If Janet is sitting on a pubic sofa, I think sweaty sock stains are the last of her worries!!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've seen much worse - I'd assume he was knackered.
I once (after a 36hr SEAsia/OZ killer journey) effectively passed out in the Pier in HKG whilst working. During that time my laptop slipped off me (or I lobbed it whilst sleeping) and knocked a litre bottle of water, the glass and some nuts all over the floor and my (shoed) feet.. Nobody woke my apart from myself and the odd dream I had about walking along a beech with feet in the sea.. Needless to say I must have looked like a desolate hobo slumped, dripping wet covered in cables and nuts..
Oh how I miss those trips..
adrianlondon, mrow, T8191 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.