Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I got the chance to try this out yesterday, travelling together with 5 work colleagues to Amsterdam, all of whom arrived into LHR at different times. As I frequently found when trying to bring 2 guests into the F lounge, the implementation doesn't seem to have quite matched the concept. The lounge agent at the F lounge, who was well aware of the new criteria, just couldn't (or didn't know how to) get the system to recognise more than one guest as being eligible, however hard she tried. Eventually, she just let the later arriving guests in without scanning their boarding passes, which worked fine as they didn't have any intention to go shopping or leave the lounge for any other reason before we trekked off to board. I hope they can rectify this as it made for a rather frazzled couple of hours in the lounge - for me at least; my guests enjoyed every minute of it.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: GGL
Geneva

i just tried to use this new benefit at Geneva and was told ‘no’, it’s only two guests for GGL, the receptionist had great pleasure in showing me a dog eared folder showing GGL is limited to two guests, I showed her the email and suggested the folder may be out of date, but again I was told ‘no’. I called BA and the very helpful lady on the GGL line spoke direct to the receptionist at the lounge, then all of a sudden the position changed I was allowed to bring my four guests into the lounge. Well done BA GGL line, but bad performance by local BA team in Geneva! You would think in this day and age the rules would be on an internal web based system for the lounge staff to check, not a manual prinited folder from 1980!
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
With the introduction of the 5 guests rule (on the same flight), does the 2 guests rule (on separate flights) still exist?

Im CCR, and would like to take a couple of friends of mine into GF, but they're on different flights.

M
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by fatmac70
When I was in the BA F Lounge earlier today a nice BA employee came up to me to acknowledge I am GGL but also to advise/check that I was aware of this new rule that I can invite 5 guests. Good stuff!
Before anyone says why I am not in the CX lounge I don’t think too much of it, especially when I had a Eggs Benedict that was undercooked and had to be sent back the first time I went there.
Were we supposed to guess you were in T3?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Can I just ask if this is still a thing - GGL can get 4 guests into the F or Business lounge?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
sorry dupe
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Have never actually used this as I certainly don’t have as many as 5 friends and my wife has her own Gold status but I believe the answer is yes, albeit that the GF staff may not be immediately aware of the benefit!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by snuffi
Can I just ask if this is still a thing - GGL can get 4 guests into the F or Business lounge?
As long as on same flight, yes. And it needs to be a BA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.