Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 224 - MSY to LHR (20th March 2019, overnight delay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know what's happening with this flight? Was scheduled for 21:20 departure yesterday but delayed to 09:00 today. The inbound 225 (G-ZBJI) arrived on time, so did it go tech?

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: BA
Staff sickness

I am waiting to board right now. The email notification last night said it was due to sickness.

It has been a bit of a shambles. No signs at check in to differentiate biz class, economy etc. Refused entry through security because boarding passes had the flight date of yesterday and now sat waiting to board well past scheduled take off time.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Will Jones
I am waiting to board right now. The email notification last night said it was due to sickness.

It has been a bit of a shambles. No signs at check in to differentiate biz class, economy etc. Refused entry through security because boarding passes had the flight date of yesterday and now sat waiting to board well past scheduled take off time.
Welcome to Flyertalk Will Jones, and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here, and thanks very much for the "live" update, I hope that you get on your way soon and that the rest of the flight is uneventful. Welcome on board.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:42 am

Crew sickness. From the timings it sounds like they’ve managed to get the crew from the last arrival to take minimum rest and operate it to get you home with as short a delay as possible, otherwise they would have to send out a replacement on the next flight then wait for them to have rest time. It seems as though BA have done all they can to avoid cancellation and reduce the delay as far as they can.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA
Landed in LHR

So I described the situation as a bit of a shambles earlier before we boarded and it was but since getting on the plane the cabin crew and flight crew have been impeccable.

Friendly and informative captain, attentive crew and it may just be because it's been about 6 months since my last Club World experience, fantastic dining experience.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Will Jones
So I described the situation as a bit of a shambles earlier before we boarded and it was but since getting on the plane the cabin crew and flight crew have been impeccable.

Friendly and informative captain, attentive crew and it may just be because it's been about 6 months since my last Club World experience, fantastic dining experience.
Glad to hear it worked out OK and you got into London on the scheduled day, even if it was late in the evening.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NB12
Glad to hear it worked out OK and you got into London on the scheduled day, even if it was late in the evening.
Surely it was a day late?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Surely it was a day late?
Why? A night flight turned into a day flight, but same arrival date.
And OP you should also get €600 for the inconvenience. Did the crew mention this?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Why? A night flight turned into a day flight, but same arrival date.And OP you should also get €600 for the inconvenience. Did the crew mention this?
Yes exactly, it became a day flight the following day so landed in the evening instead of the morning. ​​​I wasn't on the flight myself but have a friend who was. From what I've read, airlines usually class crew sickness as an act of god so make you fight pretty hard for any compensation. I'm assuming this is the case with BA?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by NB12
Yes exactly, it became a day flight the following day so landed in the evening instead of the morning. ​​​I wasn't on the flight myself but have a friend who was. From what I've read, airlines usually class crew sickness as an act of god so make you fight pretty hard for any compensation. I'm assuming this is the case with BA?
It's getting increasingly difficult for airlines to get away with that excuse. For example see:

https://www.bottonline.co.uk/blog/judge-rules-crew-sickness-does-not-excuse-airlines-from-paying-flight-delay-compensation
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Takiteasy

Why? A night flight turned into a day flight, but same arrival date.

God knows how I missed that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.