Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T3 Oneworld lounge hopping starting with BA First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Oneworld lounge hopping starting with BA First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:51 am

I asked the QF lounge staff to "refund" my last visit. I arrived 10 mins before the advertised end of breakfast, checked with them on entry if they were still serving and entered. The dining area refused to serve me, and upstairs the buffet had already been cleared of breakfast food.

I must have stayed all of 5 minutes, but I asked them to delete my visit as I felt that BA shouldn't be charged for it. Whether they did or not is another matter of course. Happily AA were very accomodating, and although the ambience there is poor, I always find great service, good food and excellent wifi. So I ended up happy.
HMPS likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by jday
BA does seem to serve the best champagne in my opinion. So I go there before for a quick drink and then to QF for a gin and then to CX for food and to relax. Never been to the AA lounge, after experiencing some of their US lounges I never had a desire to go.
Don't let it put you off entirely. In the insanity/chaos that is Miami Intl the Flagship Lounge was large, spacious and serene with a good selection of food (more/better I'm sure for anyone who qualified for flagship dining which I didn't get to check out). If that's the plan going forward for all the Flagship locations I suspect many will be worth considering in future (including possibly T3 if the planned conversion to Flagship goes ahead there).
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I agree with your assessments overall, OP. I've had the bad luck of bored or borderline rude staff at the T3 BA F Lounge before and I agree it's the shabbiest looking of the lounges. That said, I really like their breakfast spread and if I only have time for one lounge in the morning I go there to eat.

I also agree on the QF Lounge being the most pleasant, I think it's a real hidden gem of T3 though I hope not too many people catch on as I like finding it relatively empty
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Per usual, YMMV. While I don’t disagree with anything people have observed here, how I weight the various factors would probably lead me to pick BA F if I couldn’t visit multiple lounges. AA also has a nice eggs benedict at breakfast (and it seems to be available until 1300 or so) and I do agree CX F sit down dining is the best heavy food, although their snack items are lacking.

My experience with QF was terrible, and it sounds like they have problems system-wide considering what I’ve read about the QF lounge at LAX. When I first tried to enter at LHR, I was told CK wasn’t eligible and only EXP get access. After I explained CK was higher, she seemed unconvinced, so I pointed out my OWE Emerald status. I was told that was a mistake if I am not EXP. So then I pointed out I was flying BA F, and was told I should use their lounge. They ultimately relented, but then told me I didn’t meet dress code because of my sandals (a style explicitly allowed in the Australian lounges according to their website). Now I was on a mission so I told them I’d be back. I returned, wearing loafers, and was told I wasn’t allowed in because I was wearing sandals. I pointed out I had changed and I got an eye roll but was admitted. Once inside I wasn’t impressed so I didn’t stay long. I was told the gin bar wasn’t open (this was early afternoon).

I have heard that the Flagship Lounge is on hold, but once it opens, that should be a real contender, especially for those eligible for Flagship First Dining.

Last edited by ikwia; Mar 25, 2019 at 10:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.