Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A small token of our appreciation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
A small token of our appreciation

I’ve had an email from BAEC inviting me to accept a gift, which, I’m told, will be coming from Tordoffs Wines & Hampers.

I’m assuming that I’m not the only one. Anyone know what it’s all about?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I’ve had an email from BAEC inviting me to accept a gift, which, I’m told, will be coming from Tordoffs Wines & Hampers.

I’m assuming that I’m not the only one. Anyone know what it’s all about?
No but please return and let us know when you get it.. whatever 'it' turns out to be!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I don't expect BA's generosity will trickle down to us lowly silver members.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I got the same yesterday. No idea, my only guesses could be either as Gold, based on CIV (I am nowhere near GGL but north of 90) or having had Gold for >10 years. Or a total lottery or something else! Anyways, a nice gesture and interesting to see what it is!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Nothing for me from BAEC. Austrian recently sent me a money off voucher out of the blue though. No idea what for.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:34 am

Also got an email from BA yesterday, but to inform me that their SFO lounge is closed and I should use CI lounge instead on my upcoming HKG-LHR flight
estate and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I received a gift. Nice box tied with ribbon and a first logod key fob. 2 champagne glasses, bottle of gusbourne sparkling wine, espresso cup and saucer, coffee, amenity kit, chocolates.

Nice idea.^
stewaran likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by rjn21
I received a gift. Nice box tied with ribbon and a first logod key fob. 2 champagne glasses, bottle of gusbourne sparkling wine, espresso cup and saucer, coffee, amenity kit, chocolates.

Nice idea.^
Very smartly presented and a nice touch. A very British way to promote something IMO and well executed.

Worth noting the key fob is personalised (monogrammed) as are the chocolates. Appears to be a promo for new FIRST soft improvements being made as well as 100 year anniversary, and thanks for being Gold and regularly flying FIRST (all specifically noted in a letter).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
I remember many years ago I and others getting a selection of bottles of wine from the BAEC Wine Club aka Laithwaites. I think it was in the run up to Christmas.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pennineuk
I remember many years ago I and others getting a selection of bottles of wine from the BAEC Wine Club aka Laithwaites. I think it was in the run up to Christmas.

Hi,

I also recall getting an offer for some beef also ( quite a few years ago)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Received my mini hamper today. Very tasteful and tasty, with some clever and thoughtful personalisation. A really, really nice gesture from BA and very much appreciated by me.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Did we deduce what the 'requirements' are to receive such bounty? (Just interested as a GGL who usually flies paid FIRST!)
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Curious about whether this is another "if you are not a UK resident member we don't give a xxxx" initiative or has anyone based abroad received some of the love?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
And no-one took a photo? Disappointed...
SaraJH and high.and.above like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I want one, not fair, not fair!! The only thing I got from BA yesterday was a THIRD email saying that I could now guest 5 people into the lounges
ThatT1Feeling likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.