Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
A big thanks to the crew for the flight deck visit last night. Still roomy even with four pilots!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sunseeker86

Great, thanks for the picture. So it would be fitted just behind the tv screen? I’ve actually double checked and I’m booked into 15K, is there any difference to 15A? Apart from being on the other side of the plane :-)
15K is identical to 15A, other than being a mirror image. 1K is identical to 15K. The box is clipped into the slots sideways on, and you'll see the layout and clips in the Seating thread. It's visible to the passenger from the seat level over the top of the TV screen
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I know the plethora of A350 threads is confusing, even I wasn't sure where to put photos, so goodness knows how it works for more occasional visitors.
Just to say that I'm sorry if I've caused more harm than good with the separate seat thread, if MODs feel it is better deleted/merged into this one then please do! (or some other solution), it was only meant as an aid as this thread was already over 30 pages long without any seat guidance and the other A350 thread is specific to the MAD meet-ups but it wouldn't be obvious to those new to the forum, however, I appreciate the comment was meant for those not so familiar with the forum or various threads and not a personal attack!

15K is identical to 15A, other than being a mirror image. 1K is identical to 15K. The box is clipped into the slots sideways on, and you'll see the layout and clips in the Seating thread. It's visible to the passenger from the seat level over the top of the TV screen
To make things easier, the post in the seat thread is here: Bassinet post
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Just to say that I'm sorry if I've caused more harm than good with the separate seat thread, if MODs feel it is better deleted/merged into this one then please do! (or some other solution), it was only meant as an aid as this thread was already over 30 pages long without any seat guidance and the other A350 thread is specific to the MAD meet-ups but it wouldn't be obvious to those new to the forum, however, I appreciate the comment was meant for those not so familiar with the forum or various threads and not a personal attack!

Ah fantastic-thank you very much I hadn’t spotted this thread!
corporate-wage-slave and BotB like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
A few snaps from my flights.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFWfURt
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Will they be getting rid of F on the DXB route?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: VS Gold, BAEC Gold
Exclusive look inside BA's new call centre

Since going on the A350 this morning, it's been bugging me what I thought the Club World Suite cabin looked like. Now I've finally got it.

So much grey. It's a great product, miles better than Club World, but it just looks so dull. Like a call centre.

Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:01 pm

But you don't need to look at it when your in your private 'office'
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Will they be getting rid of F on the DXB route?
I hope not.

Have a reward return booked in First for next June.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BotB
Just to say that I'm sorry if I've caused more harm than good with the separate seat thread, if MODs feel it is better deleted/merged into this one then please do! (or some other solution), it was only meant as an aid as this thread was already over 30 pages long without any seat guidance....

I think the separate seat thread is a good idea, and fits with the other aircraft types with seating guides. Once the hysteria about the A350 dies down, threads such as the seating guide will come into its own. Until then A350 threads are dominating FT

I look forward to the 24 reviews and 24 seat guides after Saturdays party plane
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:20 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Along the lines of 'nowt as queer as folk' concept and the fact that the new A350 Suites will afford a sense of privacy (real or imagined)...I can't help but think of the things that people will do when they think they are alone in their 'seat'...nothing sexual meant here (although those are obvious candidates), simply that I expect someone will try to sleep naked and not realise their behind is showing in a gap of the door and blanket (truly giving new meaning to mind the gap) or change their clothes while sitting/laying down in their suite as they think it private but forget it is open to view from anyone walking or standing up...

I can also imagine someone changing a diaper on the seat or table (hopefully not as the bassinet seats are specific)...

I guess I'm concerned that the cleanliness may deteriorate quicker than otherwise seen in open seats due to some of this behaviour, any other horror stories that people can envision already that will be due to the 'privacy' aspect of the new seat?

Hoping BA will have more time to clean the suites and that they do indeed do that well often enough or they are going to be a right mess in no time...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by opus99
I’m so happy about the positive feedback from the club suite. I’m really happy for BA and it’s good to see them get some nice compliments. But I must say I’m afraid of how the club suite will fit on the 787. I’m sure they’ve accounted for this and BA likes commonality in their cabins so they will still put the suite but the aisles will be TIGHT. Thoughts?
It's the same "bones" as what AA has on the 789s - the aisle is tight, yes, but not horrible...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
I'm not sure I fully understand the question, so instead, here is a picture of the shoe coffin. It is approximately 85cm from the floor to the main part of the roof, and about 35cm from the middle shelf to the lowered section of the roof. So there may be a case to recline the seat, but not go fully flat, so your feet still use floor rather than the shelf.

[Elderly CWS not wearing shorts when it was 37c outside....]
When in lay flat sleeping, would my leg / calf hit the underside of the TV? I had this problem in Delta One and made the flight not too enjoyable as I hit my calf multiple times when tossing around. The problem with Delta One was that the coffin was too deep and the TV shelf in not that much higher, so every time I turn, or bend the knee while sleeping on my back, it hit the shelf.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by t_cliff
When in lay flat sleeping, would my leg / calf hit the underside of the TV? I had this problem in Delta One and made the flight not too enjoyable as I hit my calf multiple times when tossing around. The problem with Delta One was that the coffin was too deep and the TV shelf in not that much higher, so every time I turn, or bend the knee while sleeping on my back, it hit the shelf.
Apparently this is an area BA thought a lot about, possibly more so than any other part of the suite, the table and the coffin.

So if you watch Sam Chui 22 min video he demonstrates what (I think) you are talking about. BA openly marketed this issue when they revealed the seat to the media, I can’t remember which media outlet but they seem proud that when you turn over whilst sleeping you won’t hit the underside.

Now every human is different and no company can accommodate very type of person on the planet so we can’t categorically, without any hesitation, say that this problem is cured. However it had been thought about and it’s taken in to account in the design.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:39 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by t_cliff
Unlikely as the bed is quite low to the ground, and there is quite a bit of height - I'll post the photo I took tomorrow.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.