Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
hkgtyo is not always a cheap option. perhaps look into icn
also, if u could fly out from INV u’d save 100gbp ish pp
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:58 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
You haven't mentioned 2-4-1.
These are about the best possible value for mere mortals.

Get an amex card, qualify for the 2-4-1 (and bonus avios). Then you can cash in for two reward flights (on BA) for the avios of one.
Given that reward availablity requires you to book nearly a year in advance (to have a good chance of availability) this might put your Japan trip back to 2021, but travelling return in F will almost give you an extra day each end in terms of recovery time from the flights.

My $0.02 would be to go for Korea in a paid Y in 2019 and build up the points and 241 to have a really swanky trip later.
I know at least one couple who have the card thing down and end up with a free (plus taxes) long haul return flight for 2 in F most years for the cost of two card fees and a bit of legwork.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by shnprst

No don’t think that’s unfair - I thought you meant £1000 per person is a steal!
It sure is, for BA
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I would recommend MYSTAYS chain in Japan. I stayed in MYSTAYS premier Akasaka in Feb and it was about £50 and like a slightly better premier inn. Great location only downside is the room was quite small compared to what we are used to in Europe but that is everywhere in Japan. I also used the MYSTAYS in Sapporo which was also totally fine and a similar price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.