Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:39 am

Speculating on the date and time of the big reveal, I'll say 3.50pm UK time on Sunday 17 March. They'll show us a bit more leg later today. Impressive that it's not been leaked yet. Well done BA.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC
I’m going to hazard a guess but it looks as if the ‘table release’ pic shows the table under the IFE...and then a foot coffin (I dislike that description but I’ll say it for sake of commonality) underneath that. I could be completely wrong.

As for for the details, it’s looking very nice. I like small cross stitching detail on the seat covers and the stitching on the leather armrest which is in keeping with the CE tables. The current colour scheme onboard for F and CE is very elegant with the use of dark blue, navy, silver, greys and that white gold. I can see this new business cabin being very subtle yet elegant and dare I say it, luxurious. It will certainly date and age the current CW cabin instantly which could be the ultimate impact on NPS, that Cruz mentioned.

I’m looking forward to this reveal.
Britflyer18 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by T8191
I’ll wait for something meaningful, but thanks anyway.
Depending on how meaningful it is, I might consider forking out for the occasional ex-EU in business if the price is right. All-aisle access is a big improvement.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Annoying for non FTrs too I'd imagine. Seems the wrong strategy to me personally. Just reveal it in one go would be my strategy . Anyhow I'll say no more until its revealed.
Hi Peter,

it's a way of teasing us for a few days before giving us the big reveal! They will go all out with a BANG I reckon and make a big thing of it 😊
PETER01 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I'm imaginging based on the photos so far that the table would be in front of me, screen that is permanently in front of me, and the armrest that goes up and down (manual, given the button there), giving me something somewhat similar to the SQ 787 seats but something thought out better and more privacy.

For all we know, that armrest looking thing might be top of the privacy screen (yeah I know, it's a crazy comment but the background is too fuzzy to tell how high it is)

Or they might have kept the ying yang format somehow but did something quite revolutionary with it.

Or rather JL SS-like, although the photo of the table suggests it's stowed vertically, so it wouldn't quite work with the same layout.

My dread would be the SQ 777 J-like seats where you have to twist to fit your feet into the space available in the reclined position But I can't really see anything in the photos that suggest similarities with them.

Silly guesses aside though, I'm feeling more pleased about the arrival of the A350 before too long than the new seat I'm in the camp that is relatively happy with the window seat of the current CW.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 16, 2019 at 9:19 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Annoying for non FTrs too I'd imagine. Seems the wrong strategy to me personally. Just reveal it in one go would be my strategy . Anyhow I'll say no more until its revealed.
like the gocompare adverts, it’s annoying but it has got you talking about it!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
In which case, “What’s to discuss?”.
Well I'm not sure about the colour of that cross stitching on the seat....could become grubby quite quickly if you ask me.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by eugegall
Whilst annoying for us, its a marketing strategy for BA and working perfectly, which is evident in the discussions you and I are contributing in.
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi Peter,
it's a way of teasing us for a few days before giving us the big reveal! They will go all out with a BANG I reckon and make a big thing of it 😊
Aren't they risking a "That's it?" effect with all this tease/suspense?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Similar to the AC Super Diamond then? If so I will be disappointed that they didn’t really innovate and instead chose to catch up.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
P.s. I think their version of the Super Diamond is great except I hate that fixed table and screen being in the way of my knees!

Those of us who like CW for the open space along the length of seat aren’t going to be happy...
Crismyth likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Similar to the AC Super Diamond then? If so I will be disappointed that they didn’t really innovate and instead chose to catch up.

great. cant wait to hit my shins on that too!
tynmar likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC
'Teasing' as we all know works, whether you're into it or not! Trailers for films are a prime example, as well as many other marketing ploys, it get social media stirred up, drives traffic to sites etc etc. It's certainly helping FT! So I don't quite understand why some are saying just reveal it, maybe you're the ones not into teasing, fair enough - each to our own - but its one thing we tend to lack into todays connected world is the element of surprise and this constant instant gratification, then move on to the next thing I find a negative aspect todays world. Because we all now that as soon as its revealed people will complain regardless, this seat is going to be around for a long time and its coming whether we like it or not. Lets enjoy it and I think we can all agree whatever is revealed will be better than what we have now.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
P.s. I think their version of the Super Diamond is great except I hate that fixed table and screen being in the way of my knees!

Those of us who like CW for the open space along the length of seat aren’t going to be happy...
Well I said months ago. So many complained about stepping over neighbour's, narrow seats etc and missed the point that is the price to be paid to avoid a foot-box. (Other than a significant reduction in cabin density and a huge hike in fares).
So welcome to the new world of FT-ers complaining about banging their shins through the flight. Haha
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:06 am

A brand new flashy CW will make F look a bit past its sell by. When will there likely be a type that could feasibly have new19 CW but old F ?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I'd image the vast majority of the forum would appreciate everyone just holding back on the 'Submit' button for now, until and unless there's something genuinely new and contributive to add to the discussion.
Why close the other thread then?!

Seems a bit daft to close the speculation thread if you don’t want people to speculate on this one🤪
HIDDY, Stez, rossmacd and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.