Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI 64A unoccupied but unavailable

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:11 am
Original Poster

OLCI 64A unoccupied but unavailable

I’ve checked in for BA 216 tonight and 64A shows available, but when I try to move myself into it I get the following garbled message:

Sorry, we can''t place you a carrycot seat as they are protected for customers travelling with an infant (under 2).

This seat is available to [sic] because they are associated with the infant in your booking

There is no one else on my booking.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
You can get it by phoning BA
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, this is normal, it's a bassinet seat, you need a kiddo to move to that seat online. It is too late to do it now since at T-24 it is under airport cnntrol, but if you call up before OLCI opens (and if you have a previous connecting flight this may still be possible). See myriad threads on bassinets. At this stage you best select you second best seat and check every so often until the block is removed. And if you are more than 24 hours from departure of that flight, other logic will apply.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Yeah I get it’s a bassinet, but on all my previous flights it has either opened up at T-72 or OLCI latest, or it has been occupied. Today T-9h to flight and it’s still blocked.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
my wife and I were traveling UD.. where 64A was blocked a few days out... called BA.. they were able to give us that seat
Calling will make it easier for you
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aristoph
Yeah I get it’s a bassinet, but on all my previous flights it has either opened up at T-72 or OLCI latest, or it has been occupied. Today T-9h to flight and it’s still blocked.
not on mine. Have always had to get it assigned by an agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.