Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room - Is there somewhere to leave hand baggage if she want to shop etc.?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room - Is there somewhere to leave hand baggage if she want to shop etc.?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Hello please can anybody tell me if there is anywhere in the Concorde Room at Heathrow where you can leave your hand baggage for example if you want to go shopping for example? I know the Qatar lounge allows this and likewise I know you can’t do this at the Galleries lounges.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Yes. There's a cloakroom near the entrance (once inside).
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
[QUOTE=and likewise I know you can’t do this at the Galleries lounges.
[/QUOTE]
Hi.

There is a cloakroom manned at galleries first close to the main reception desk and the two horses

Regards

Tbs
Cymro likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just to clarify, there are 2 cloakrooms, both staffed, at the entrance to Flounge and the entrance to CCR, assuming you are using the main escalator from the departures floor, by Paul Smith in South T5A. In both cases they like to see your boarding pass so they can write down your name and flight number, they then give you a fob for the return of the item. Both are open the full day that the lounge is open. They have hangers for coats, ledges for smaller bags and a storage floor for larger bags. The 2 main staff members who staff these cloakrooms have been doing so for years and years, and the male one in particular likes a bit of a chat if you have time. They aren't there all the time, it's a rota of 8 in all.
Dicksbits and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The 2 main staff members who staff these cloakrooms have been doing so for years and years, and the male one in particular likes a bit of a chat if you have time. They aren't there all the time, it's a rota of 8 in all.
They are amongst the loveliest lounge staff you encounter, in my experience - never in a bad mood and I always enjoy a short chat with them!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The 2 main staff members who staff these cloakrooms have been doing so for years and years, and the male one in particular likes a bit of a chat if you have time.
Ah ah, yes, the gentleman with the grey hair is very chatty but also very nice!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Noted! I look forward to chatting to them tomorrow.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Bumping this up - due to flight changes our layover in LHR is 8 hours - we plan to go into London to breakfast with our daughter. Would rather not drag our hand luggage. Is it possible to enter the lounge, leave the luggage, and exit for a few hours? If I remember correctly, it is very difficult to exit Terminal 5 once you're past security.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You technically can do both these things. But I absolutely would not. Pay the £10 or so and leave your hand baggage downstairs and jump on the tube / train hassle free
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Yes, entering the departures area in order to access the Concorde Room to use the cloakroom, only to request an exit, may add an hour or more to your arrival process. Better to leave it airside in the left luggage as suggested above.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You technically can do both these things. But I absolutely would not. Pay the £10 or so and leave your hand baggage downstairs and jump on the tube / train hassle free
Just to clarify, as you exit immigration and customs into the arrivals hall, turn to the right (as you face the street) and walk past the entrances for the trains and the underground, and past the M&S. The facility to store your bags is the last business on the right hand side.

Originally Posted by noFODplease
Yes, entering the departures area in order to access the Concorde Room to use the cloakroom, only to request an exit, may add an hour or more to your arrival process. Better to leave it airside in the left luggage as suggested above.
It’s no longer quite so difficult, as you now can use the train to exit, riding to concourse C and returning without getting off until you return back to concourse A, instead of requesting an exit. It still takes a lot longer than using the left luggage facility referenced above, but for those with the time and who want to save a few £s, it’s not as bad as it once was.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Blumie

It’s no longer quite so difficult, as you now can use the train to exit, riding to concourse C and returning without getting off until you return back to concourse A, instead of requesting an exit. It still takes a lot longer than using the left luggage facility referenced above, but for those with the time and who want to save a few £s, it’s not as bad as it once was.
yes but as you return to go back into the terminal after your little espace, your bp won’t let you through anymore. So you’ll need to talk to Ba staff again so that they update your status and whilst not complicated it is messy and another bit of time you’ll need to wait.

i join others advice, it’s possible but don’t do it as it’ can get messy.
drwook likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by orbitmic
yes but as you return to go back into the terminal after your little espace, your bp won’t let you through anymore. So you’ll need to talk to Ba staff again so that they update your status and whilst not complicated it is messy and another bit of time you’ll need to wait.

i join others advice, it’s possible but don’t do it as it’ can get messy.
Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that. It’s not really messy, just more of a pain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.