BA Website Being Weird?

Reply

Old Mar 12, 19, 1:09 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
Posts: 27
BA Website Being Weird?

I just logged into the BA website and the first thing I see on the front page is this, showing by outbound is cancelled. I went into 'Manage My Booking' and cannot see anything amiss, and I haven't had any emails advising me of the cancellation. Thoughts? Is it just the website 'having a moment'?

gemcan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 2:56 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: a 30 taxi to LHR
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 636
That is strange and would assume it's an app issue. BA are still happy to sell tickets for this flight..

I am sure others who know far more than I will be along to offer some advice.
lavajava is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 3:03 pm
  #3  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 538
not sure if it is related but this week there have been/will be a number of JFK-LHR cancellations....the 174 seems to be cancelled every day (Mon-Fri) with the 178 cancelled on Monday, the 116 tomorrow and 114 on Thursday....
I was supposed to be on the BA114 but got rebooked on the BA172 with a similar screen as above although there was a link to accept the new flight.

On Wednesday March 20 the JFK-LGW BA2272 looks to be cancelled too....

Last edited by WVFM; Mar 12, 19 at 3:06 pm Reason: adding LGW cancellation
WVFM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 3:05 pm
  #4  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 38,898
I would certainly call up about this (are there other flights on the booking?). When BA have done cancellations in the past, the first step has been to zero out the fare buckets, which hasn't happened at this point, in fact it's 9 in every bucket. The next stage is for BA.com/arrdep to show the cancellation, again this isn't the case.
corporate-wage-slave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 4:17 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
Posts: 27
Well I called BA and she said she couldn't see anything to suggest either of my flights were cancelled! So hopefully it is just a website blip, but WVFM's comment is making me nervous LOL.

Also if they were to cancel, and going out the following day was unacceptable, would they allow us to switch to a JFK-LHR flight?

Last edited by gemcan83; Mar 12, 19 at 4:24 pm Reason: Add another question
gemcan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 4:23 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by WVFM View Post
not sure if it is related but this week there have been/will be a number of JFK-LHR cancellations....the 174 seems to be cancelled every day (Mon-Fri) with the 178 cancelled on Monday, the 116 tomorrow and 114 on Thursday....
I was supposed to be on the BA114 but got rebooked on the BA172 with a similar screen as above although there was a link to accept the new flight.

On Wednesday March 20 the JFK-LGW BA2272 looks to be cancelled too....
Yikes. Any reason why do we know? Are those flights so undersold they're not profitable this week?
gemcan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 19, 5:03 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London
Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Posts: 35,267
Originally Posted by gemcan83 View Post
Also if they were to cancel, and going out the following day was unacceptable, would they allow us to switch to a JFK-LHR flight?
Yes, almost certainly.
Originally Posted by gemcan83 View Post
Yikes. Any reason why do we know? Are those flights so undersold they're not profitable this week?
It's possible that some aircraft are having to be unexpectedly fixed at LHR.
gemcan83 likes this.
Globaliser is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread