Wiki Posts
Search

BA Website Being Weird?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond
BA Website Being Weird?

I just logged into the BA website and the first thing I see on the front page is this, showing by outbound is cancelled. I went into 'Manage My Booking' and cannot see anything amiss, and I haven't had any emails advising me of the cancellation. Thoughts? Is it just the website 'having a moment'?

Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:56 pm

That is strange and would assume it's an app issue. BA are still happy to sell tickets for this flight..

I am sure others who know far more than I will be along to offer some advice.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: One World
not sure if it is related but this week there have been/will be a number of JFK-LHR cancellations....the 174 seems to be cancelled every day (Mon-Fri) with the 178 cancelled on Monday, the 116 tomorrow and 114 on Thursday....
I was supposed to be on the BA114 but got rebooked on the BA172 with a similar screen as above although there was a link to accept the new flight.

On Wednesday March 20 the JFK-LGW BA2272 looks to be cancelled too....

Last edited by WVFM; Mar 12, 2019 at 3:06 pm Reason: adding LGW cancellation
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would certainly call up about this (are there other flights on the booking?). When BA have done cancellations in the past, the first step has been to zero out the fare buckets, which hasn't happened at this point, in fact it's 9 in every bucket. The next stage is for BA.com/arrdep to show the cancellation, again this isn't the case.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Well I called BA and she said she couldn't see anything to suggest either of my flights were cancelled! So hopefully it is just a website blip, but WVFM's comment is making me nervous LOL.

Also if they were to cancel, and going out the following day was unacceptable, would they allow us to switch to a JFK-LHR flight?

Last edited by gemcan83; Mar 12, 2019 at 4:24 pm Reason: Add another question
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WVFM
not sure if it is related but this week there have been/will be a number of JFK-LHR cancellations....the 174 seems to be cancelled every day (Mon-Fri) with the 178 cancelled on Monday, the 116 tomorrow and 114 on Thursday....
I was supposed to be on the BA114 but got rebooked on the BA172 with a similar screen as above although there was a link to accept the new flight.

On Wednesday March 20 the JFK-LGW BA2272 looks to be cancelled too....
Yikes. Any reason why do we know? Are those flights so undersold they're not profitable this week?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gemcan83
Also if they were to cancel, and going out the following day was unacceptable, would they allow us to switch to a JFK-LHR flight?
Yes, almost certainly.
Originally Posted by gemcan83
Yikes. Any reason why do we know? Are those flights so undersold they're not profitable this week?
It's possible that some aircraft are having to be unexpectedly fixed at LHR.
gemcan83 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.