Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wine List Club World LHR to San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Wine List Club World LHR to San Jose

Apologies if this is elsewhere and I know someone will kindly direct me there. What is the current wine selection in Club World on the USA West Coast/San Jose flight? Decisions to be made......
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The last few CW sectors I have flown had wines unrelated to the printed wine list. No problem with the wine at all but seemed a bit pointless having the list.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:31 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
Apologies if this is elsewhere and I know someone will kindly direct me there. What is the current wine selection in Club World on the USA West Coast/San Jose flight? Decisions to be made......
What decisions could you possibly need to make in advance of the flight? Unless you are actually basing your airline choice based on the wine list - a silly proposition generally but certainly in J and not F.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
OP may be wanting to select their main course and pair it with a wine,

just a thought.

But given how airlines chop and change their menus (let alone the caterers just loading a different selection) it does seem a bit silly to expect a particular selection - whether food or drink -to be available.

Anyway this is flyer talk. Leave your logic at the door!

Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's CW. There will be a wine selection something like this:

A mid-range robust red probably from Chile or southern Europe, eg Merlot.
An overly fruity, over-processed wine from southern Europe, the USA, or Australia, eg Syrah.

An inoffensive medium white, probably from Spain or perhaps Chile or even New Zealand (eg, Albariņo).
A light, fruity white, probably from Italy or New Zealand.

It's unlikely there will be any sort of dryer, mineral white (like Chablis or the better French Sauvignon Blanc). So don't choose your food depending on that. Nor will there be a dry red either, so don't rely on that either.

For much of the food, even the nominally redder meats, the Albariņo is my default choice, but the Merlot or whatever it is can be OK too. I give those with the fruit-cordial flavours a miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.