Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLUB for Rank and File

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Definitas

Who actually makes the decision and when is it made. Is there any point in arriving early to check in or has it been done by then? Thanks
72-24 Fly makes the decision but it is possible that someone manually start assigning high status passenger to the First cabin. 24-0 Fly and airport assigning seats if and when required. I don't think checkin staff would allow to touch the F cabin seating even if there are seats available unless they were told to do. I don't think early checkin at the airport makes any difference as either the F cabin is already full that time or reserved for other reason. Golds GGL's have higher chance to move to F cabin but that is not always a case. So basically it's a lottery. I don't think there is any strategy which can secure a seat.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

FLUB

Originally Posted by Krisz
72-24 Fly makes the decision but it is possible that someone manually start assigning high status passenger to the First cabin. 24-0 Fly and airport assigning seats if and when required. I don't think checkin staff would allow to touch the F cabin seating even if there are seats available unless they were told to do. I don't think early checkin at the airport makes any difference as either the F cabin is already full that time or reserved for other reason. Golds GGL's have higher chance to move to F cabin but that is not always a case. So basically it's a lottery. I don't think there is any strategy which can secure a seat.
Thanks for the explanation. I can fully understand why those with status would get priority. I won’t hold my breath in the lottery 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.